Referral to SoCal Psychologist for pre-op evaluation needed

rargirl
on 4/20/11 7:18 am
Hello, everyone.

Now that I am successfully post-op, my husband has decided to also have weight loss surgery. He has decided the VSG is right for him (I am respecting his choice and supporting him in chosing his own path). He is afraid of what he calls "the intestinal scramble" we have been through with the DS and feels strongly about not modifying his body to this extent. - This is not the main reason for my post, however.

My husband has elected to go with Dr. Cirangle in San Francisco (we live in Orange County). He is having a very difficult time finding someone to give him the required psych consult. He has dutifully called each person on Dr. Cirangle's list and they either do not complete these evaluations over the phone or they are not returning his calls.

I gave him the name and number of the Psychologist I used for my evaluation with Dr. Keshishian, but she must also be terribly busy as she has not called back.

Does anyone know of a Psychologist who is well-versed in WLS evaluations that he could call? I was hoping maybe someone had a good experience with their evaluation and could point us in the right direction.

He tried to see a person our insurance refered him to and she wanted to stretch this out over multiple visits and many months.

He really just needs someone to certify he is able to give informed consent.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jane

trxxyy
on 4/20/11 9:19 am - Orange County, CA
My first surgery consult was with Dr. Quebbemann in Newport and that is where I had my psych evaluation. After switching to Dr. K I was able to get a copy of my psych report and just faxed that to  Dr. K's office. I remember the psychologist saying that he was available for private sessions so it might be worth it to try him. The psych's name is John Jolliffe, MFT and the number to the office is 949-722-7662.

Good luck!

rargirl
on 4/21/11 1:37 am
Thank you! This sounds promising.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/20/11 10:01 am - Tuvalu

Brenda Quon, M.D. of USC Psychiatry and Psychology Associates did them for the USC bariatric surgeons.  If she's not there, I'm pretty sure someone in that group would have taken over that task.

(323) 442-6000

Just note that the offices are near what was traditionally called LA-USC Medical Center, or the old General Hospital...not near the USC campus near the coliseum.
rargirl
on 4/21/11 1:32 am
Thanks, Sue.

I appreciate it.
Loretta W.
on 4/21/11 4:01 am - Inland Empire, CA
Dr.  Nallamothu

Riverside Medical Group

Moreno Valley, CA (riverside county)

I had never seen her before

She did my WLS pre op eval

I forgot the cash price

It was like $200 ?  I forgot the exact amount

It was easy

lanunes
on 4/22/11 2:30 pm - CA
 Hello,

I had originally chose a surgeon near me and they offered my psych and nutrition evaluation online and did it that way. After deciding I wanted the VSG surgery I found Dr. Cirangle and told them I has already completed the evaluations. They just asked that I faxed it to them, so I am assuming that was sufficient.  (hopefully). The website I used was called WebMD.com. Maybe call them(dr. cirangle office) and ask the if they could set that up for you since your having a hard time. Good luck =)

Leslie
rargirl
on 4/24/11 12:32 am
Thank you everyone for your help. My husband was able to get his psych consult done (finally)! Yay! It looks like he is on his way!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 923 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1144 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 401 views