5-7 pound weight gain by end of every day

biastar83
on 4/23/11 5:55 am, edited 4/23/11 5:57 am - WI
So I didn't have a scale for most of my weight loss. But now I just got one an I weigh my self a lot at first an noticed that I would have gained 5-7 by the end of the night. Then go back down ever morning. Is that normal? I don't ever remember my body doing that before surgery. Does it happen to any of you? I just want to make shore there is nothing wrong with me. I think it might be just weight from food in my intestine cause it does not adsorb like before surgery. I don't really know. Any thoughts????

We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.      

Julie R.
on 4/23/11 5:59 am - Ludington, MI
 I rarely get on the scale unless I notice that my pants feel tighter, so I wouldn't know.   I do notice that I retain far more water now as a post-op, and apparently that's not that uncommon for us, as (and others explain this better than I do) but our shrunken fat cells act as little sponges and fill up with fluid.   As long as you are the same weight in the morning, I wouldn't worry about it.   
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/11 6:22 am
elixir
on 4/23/11 7:51 am - MI
I haven't had surgery yet but I think I'll hide my scale in a cupboard that I can't reach easily before I do. I don't want to become obsessed w/my scale. I use to weigh myself only in the morning after peeing to see myself at the lowest weight possible. I'd avoid doing it more than once a day because of the way our weight fluctuates during the course of the day. That happens to people pre-op also. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Julie R.
on 4/23/11 8:44 pm - Ludington, MI
 You are my kinda gal.    Dr. Kemmeter told me at my two week post-op check-up, "Now, I have some important advice for you.   Give your scale away to someone you don't like very well."    I have a HUGE scale phobia brought on my years of very emotionally abusive behavior by my parents.  I only weighed in once a month for the first eight months post-op.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Nopenname
on 4/23/11 8:48 am - Tacoma, WA
 Yes it's normal. Especially if you are keeping yourself well hydrated. A pint of water (16 oz) weighs a pound. 

The large part of your weight "gain" over a day is water, but also you are likely carrying around food mass still in your stomach and intestines.

It would be nearly impossible to gain 7lbs of fat in 12 hours and then lose it all over night.

Heck, I went to the fair and "gained" 11lbs that day...that was all gone by morning.  

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

I'm pretty sure bacon tastes as good as thin feels!
*Feel free to call me "Pen" or "Nic" I'll even answer to "hey you" *

Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/23/11 9:29 am - Tuvalu

Does your belly get bigger to got with the gain?

Because I get both of those signs as a HINT that there's a war going on in my gut...usually it means I ate too many carbs or I've been on antibiotics or some otherthting that causes a gut war.
Sweetone9376
on 5/9/11 12:48 am - Atlanta, GA
Wait a minute... antibiotics cause weight gain?
Ms. Cal Culator
on 5/9/11 1:17 am - Tuvalu

Not for me...but they DO cause gas and bloating while the war between the good and bad is going on in my gut.  Some people also get diarrhea.  Many take probiotics or extra probiotics to prevent this problem.

In any group of a hundred people, there are probably 2 or 3 sociopaths.  In a group of a thousand, more like 20-30.  They function very well in "affinity groups," where people have things in common and tend to trust strangers.  I am NOT saying not to trust anyone.  I AM saying that there are probably two dozen sociopaths hanging out here and looking for victims.  Most are NOT serial killers.

Read: www.sociopathicstyle.com/traits/classic.htm

biastar83
on 4/23/11 10:20 am - WI
 I think it probably is the water & coffee intake. I drink 3-4 bottles of water an 3 cups off coffee every day. An a large glass of milk. Thanks for your input's  :  )

We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.      

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 975 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1168 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 433 views