Hungry like the wolf

squid
on 4/25/11 7:02 am
I have been hungry lately. Like, all the time. Like, I could probably eat more than I ate before my surgery (in August 09) hungry.

I've lost 200 pounds since my surgery. I still have another 150-175 to go. 

I fear my body is trying to tell me it doesnt want to lose anymore...and I have been stalled for like 2 months too, with minor downward fluctuations.

I am beginning to worry.

Please de-worry-fy me? Or at least put me in the direction of something to do to fix it.

Labs are good btw. Minor calcium lows, nothing to freak over, which I am addressing.
newyorkbitch
on 4/25/11 7:06 am
Stop eating carbs.

Get some exercise.

Drink a lot of water.

Eat plenty of protein.
Janine P.
on 4/25/11 7:12 am, edited 4/25/11 7:13 am - Long Island, NY
I have no advice, I just love Duran Duran

Janine   Me on Youtube 

beemerbeeper
on 4/25/11 7:21 am - AL
Labs are good according to whom?  We tend to want to see trends in labs and not wait to try to help folks once their labs are in the toilet.  What is okay for a normal person is not okay for us because it is just too close to being deficient.  And it is MUCH harder for us to get labs up.  Folks who post their labs, including their previous labs, along with their supplement program get EXCELLENT advice here so I strongly encourage you to do that.

All I can tell you about the hunger is that when I increase the protein shakes I am MUCH less hungry.  And carb cravings?  Well if I eat carbs I am going to crave carbs.  Staying FAR AWAY from carbs is the only thing I can do about that.

You might want to post on the Bites and Vites thread for a while to get advice about what you actually eat and seeing what other folks are eating.

~Becky

squid
on 4/25/11 7:28 am
Labs are good according to Dr. Greenbaum.

I definitely have succumbed to carbs too much. And I haven't drank the number of protein shakes I could be, because I do hate them so...but I get it...do it anyway. You are right.

newyorkbitch
on 4/25/11 11:53 am
Why not just eat more protein rather than drink the shakes?  I haven't touched a protein shake since I was about 3 months post-op and that was 11 years ago.    
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 7:36 am
Sometimes I am just ravenous!  When I get like that, I eat. Just eat protein and make double sure you are getting in a LOT of liquids.  Your body will tell you it is hungry when it is thirsty.

Good luck, I believe you will get there!

Michele
teachmid
on 4/25/11 7:58 am - OKC, OK
Others are giving you good advice. I just wanted to say congratulations on your weight loss.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

pycca
on 4/25/11 8:04 am - Haslet, TX
I follow Becky's thought,, I try not to have them in my house,, at least MY corner of the pantry! LOL I have my daughter ,her husband, and 4 kids here,,and believe me what I eat is NOTHING like what they eat! SO I keep protein on hand for snacks,
geutenmorgan
on 4/25/11 12:01 pm
Please give me some examples of your protein snacks you keep on hand.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 975 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1168 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 433 views