Please help me navigate through Duke's WLS program (cross-post)

Band to DS
on 5/9/11 12:58 pm, edited 2/4/12 3:06 am

Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/11 1:08 pm - Yorktown, VA
Call.  Call again.  Call again.  Call again. 

Don't just speak to the receptionist on the phone.  Ask for Dr. Sudan's admin person and/or nurse.  (I no longer know their names as they're different than when I went through in November 2009.)

I was a royal pain in the ass when I was going through this, but I got done what needed to be done and in a timely manner.  (I do hear, though, that the admin staff is improving with time.)

Good luck!
GloryG
on 5/9/11 2:05 pm
Dr. Sudan's nurse is Sheila. She is really nice and will get back to you as soon as she can. Her direct number is 470-7017. I am sure she can tell you who his admin person is who schedules his appts.
girlygirl1313
on 5/9/11 11:40 pm - Davidson, NC
 Call Call Call and stress that you have already had surgery, you are seeking a revision and wish to be seen sooner because of that to discuss options with Dr Sudan.

Band to DS
on 5/10/11 12:07 pm, edited 2/4/12 3:06 am

Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1042 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1197 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 493 views