Stay off the Scale!

sbp7
on 5/15/11 12:03 am - Munster, IN
I just wanted to thank all the DS verterans here for all the support and great adivice.

The quick weight loss of the DS can play tricks on your mind. I will admit that I have felt like I've stalled a few times. Worried that my weight loss is slowing/ending, etc. It hasn't. I am still losing at a rate of 20lbs/month four and a half months post-op.

The first two months, the loss was so dramatic, that I was getting dissapointed if I lost less than a pound or two every day. Ridiculous, I know!

I took the advice of staying off the scale. I now weigh in once a week or less. The result is that I feel better about my weight loss, and better about myself. The longer I wait to weigh in, the more my loss will bne, and the bigger the personal triumph. Sure beats weighing in daily and being constantly frustrated.

The moral of the story is: people on here know what they're talking about. Take their advice!
Steve

Duodenal Switch January 4, 2011
Dr. Vivek Prachand. University of Chicago Hospital

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/11 9:41 am
During the weight loss it is silly to weigh often. Now in maintanence I weigh daily. I like to fix the small mistakes, so I'll never have a big one to worry about.
carriemeaway
on 5/16/11 12:55 pm - Spanaway, WA
I definitely need to take this advice. I think I'm going to give the scale to my husband and tell him to hide it from me and only bring it out on the day I take a weekly picture to see the transformation. I definitely notice aggitation when I weigh myself mutliple times a day. :)
HW     -   SW    -    CW     -  GW
361  357  237 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 576 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 956 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 325 views