Stuck for 4 months

yex1
on 5/17/11 9:06 am - NJ
I have been the same weight for 4 months now. no gain or loss although I keep losing inches around my bust and legs and things. I decided to enter my info int fitday to try it out and I was shocked. I know I fell off track with carbs but my protein is still more then carbs. I thought I was eating more than that because I seem to eat all day. but here is the info.

My carbs are 100 grams or less a day and protein is 100 or more a day. but I have only been eating 1600 calories a day and it says I burn over 2000.

Does the same rules apply that if you burn more than you eat you should lose weight or am i missing something? I am 21 months out started at 486+ am at 282 now. I would be happy just to get to 199.

I do have multiple hernias that are a little bothersome. I look pregnant and went from a 6x to a 2x and had to go back up to a 3x. I do get pains from time to time and it does make lifting and moving certain things a little hard but I am working on that.

Could the hernias be slowing the weightloss down?

anything you would suggest?

"Nobody trips over mountains.  It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble.  Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain. "

"Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.  Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before."  ~Jacob A. Riis

Emily F.
on 5/17/11 9:26 am
WAAAAY more protein. Add two double scoop protein shakes. How about fat? Could you give examples of what you eat during the day and when?
yex1
on 5/17/11 10:46 pm - NJ
My fat I only realy get from cheese or if I use mayonaise for egg salad. I cannot do protein shakes at all. tried 37 different protein shakes and they either won't go down or stay down.

breakfast- eggs on whole wheat sandwich thin or protein bread.

snack- cheese ( brie, mozzerella, american, or provolone)

Dinner- usually chicken but sometimes steak, mashed or sweet potato, and a veggie ( corn, asparagrus, eggplant, broccoli, spinach, or tomato)

I usually don't eat alot during the day. dinner is usually separated I make a plate, eat some and then go back to the same plate 2-3 times before it's done.

after 8pm is when I start to get hungry and i'll get pretzel thins with cheese or peanut butter
fruit (grapes, Kiwi, Watermelon, oranges, cherry, pear)

or I'll make a big bowl of egg salad in the morning and have what is left throught the night.

I've been craving alot of fruit and veggies lately with the warm weather coming and all.

"Nobody trips over mountains.  It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble.  Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain. "

"Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.  Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before."  ~Jacob A. Riis

Kathleen F.
on 5/18/11 12:56 am

My suggestion, also, is to decrease the carbs and increase the protein. No bread except maybe a slice of low carb bread. Sara Lee has one that has only 7 carbs. There is also a whole wheat tortilla with only 4 carbs.

No corn, carrots, sweet potatoes or potatoes. Limit the tomatoes.  No fruit. And I second nixing the sugar drinks. They are the worst. I also don't care to drink plain water. I do better with a little SF flavoring like Mio. 

For veggies, stick with cabbages, broccoli, zucchini, cauliflower, lettuce, cucumber, celery, asparagus, avocado, green beans and greens. No beans except for soybeans. Eden puts out canned black soybeans that I use in my chili and it is very low in carbs.

Emily F.
on 5/18/11 3:45 am
On May 18, 2011 at 5:46 AM Pacific Time, yex1 wrote:
My fat I only realy get from cheese or if I use mayonaise for egg salad. I cannot do protein shakes at all. tried 37 different protein shakes and they either won't go down or stay down.

breakfast- eggs on whole wheat sandwich thin or protein bread.

snack- cheese ( brie, mozzerella, american, or provolone)

Dinner- usually chicken but sometimes steak, mashed or sweet potato, and a veggie ( corn, asparagrus, eggplant, broccoli, spinach, or tomato)

I usually don't eat alot during the day. dinner is usually separated I make a plate, eat some and then go back to the same plate 2-3 times before it's done.

after 8pm is when I start to get hungry and i'll get pretzel thins with cheese or peanut butter
fruit (grapes, Kiwi, Watermelon, oranges, cherry, pear)

or I'll make a big bowl of egg salad in the morning and have what is left throught the night.

I've been craving alot of fruit and veggies lately with the warm weather coming and all.
 I agree, log into myfitnesspal.com I think you are consuming more carbs than you realize and I maintain at 100 carbs. I lose at under 50. Focus on protein to 200 and carbs less than 50, I bet you will see results. 

As far as protein shakes. Its really in how you mix them. I started with water and half a package of sf jello pudding so get the shake down. Then I started using half and half, added caramel syrup and coffee, now I love them. Just use a chocolate powder and experiment with how much water, milk, half and half, etc. 
yex1
on 5/17/11 10:48 pm - NJ
newyorkbitch
on 5/17/11 10:30 am
Cut the carbs.  Stop counting calories. 
yex1
on 5/17/11 10:52 pm - NJ
I haven't been counting the calories THat was just what fit day posts. The surgeon at the support group said it comes back to basic science more calories out then in =weightloss, more calories in then out=weight gain, and same calories in and out= no change.

Janine P.
on 5/17/11 12:42 pm - Long Island, NY
Sweetie, what if you tried to low carb it for a few weeks to get the ball rockin' and rollin' again?

Also, how is your fluid intake?  Are you getting enough water in? 

Janine   Me on Youtube 

yex1
on 5/17/11 11:00 pm - NJ
well straigh****er isn't my friend. hasn't been since surgery. it doesn't sit right I drink 3-4 bottles of vitamin water or sobe life water a day plus a bottle or 2 of water with the mio flavoring in it and a glass of diet soda of some kind. and a glass of oj

My primary doctor had me only drinking the regular drinks and things with sugar in them because I had issues with my sugar being too low or dropping quickly to the point where I passed out in the middle of work 3 times and was constantly getting light headed and dizzy. now I am going back to drinking the zero drinks mostly because It hasn't happened in awhile. I know that could be a big reason for the stall.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 833 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1091 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 365 views