Rebirth

Katie K.
on 6/1/11 5:44 am - Grand Haven, MI
I am 8 days post-op....
I thought that waking up from surgery would be my "rebirth".. that I would come out of it changed..

I was wrong...
I am sitting here in tears of joy, feeling inspired, awake, enlightened and curious.....

All from my first walk. A 30 minute walk through the countryside, down my dirt road, in the breeze, past the blueberries, waving at a man driving a john deere and not hiding from it, not lowering my head..
No knee, back, foot pain.. jsut some slight tugs in my deep insicion stich where they pulled out the remnant tummy.
I am only 20 pounds down from surgery and already feeling great..

A walk... who'da thought??

I love my DS!!!!!!!!

"Nobody will fault you for trying" - My mother
Seminar: 1/8/2011. Initial Appt: 1/27/2011. Behaviorist: 1/31.2011. Surgeon 1/31/2011
Sleep Study: 2/7/2011.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Blank Out
on 6/1/11 5:45 am
 Just wait, there's more!!!!!  Happy for you!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Paul11011
on 6/1/11 6:43 am
Katie you are going to be one of the people that truly appreciates this new opportunity.  Not to say that others will not, but it will be for you a different level of experience. 

Much like two people may read a poem.  One will recount the details, give the plot and be done.  The other will be able to smell the roses in the fair maiden's hair, see the brightness of the sky and feel the ocean spray from the waves.  You my friend I see as the second reader.  You will fully take in every moment and experience this WLS brings to you. 
VSG 1-10-2011 Dr. Randal Baker.   www.grandhealthpartners.com

Nina E.
on 6/1/11 8:12 am

Oh there will be soo many more amazing moments! Walking through a turnstile whithout turning sideways, knowing you WILL fit in the airplane seat, running, riding a bike again. These are the things I have enjoyed.

I love that I don't sweat, that I never HAVE to wear deodorant (true. so odd but I just dont have BO any longer) but i still do occasionally out of habit.

I enjoy my relationship with food now. it is soo delicious. The nice thing about our tool is the ability to eat high fat. It is satiating and tastes darn good. Walking is soo much nicer now. I don't mind having to walk anywhere.

Congrats.

ps take pics and measurements too. They will be your archive and inspirational to others.

Nina

Nina ~~   BMI was 52, now 26.1 (normal). From size 26/28 to 10 pants and 2xl/24 shirt to xs/sm shirts. SW/CW/surgean Goal/mynew GW 322/161/180/165     I Heart MY DS!!

KimberlyHeidi
on 6/1/11 8:19 am - VA
 So happy for you sweetie!
Julie R.
on 6/1/11 9:18 am - Ludington, MI
 Just you wait, princess.......you're gonna have a blast.    Just promise not to mourn the years lost to obesity, okay?   Let them help you appreciate the new experiences you are about to have.   Even now, I still have wow moments.   Today, I was at the checkout at the grocery, and I wanted to get something out of the front of my cart.   Do you know how, as MO's, we must push the cart forward to get around it, then pu**** back?  Nuh uhh.....not anymore.    I don't even think I had to turn sideways, LOL.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Maggles2010
on 6/1/11 9:19 am
A W E S O M E !!!  I feel your excitement!  I've been going through this for the last 5 months - total joy!  Inspiration!  Every little wow moment!   Totally AWESOME!  Thanks for sharing.

HW/354, SW/320, CW/194, GW/175ish                                            
(deactivated member)
on 6/1/11 9:37 am
Go you, Katie! I haven't had my surgery yet, but seeing posts like yours make me sooo sooo excited! Yippee!
zix
on 6/1/11 9:58 am - PA
DS on 02/13/12
I haven't had my surgery yet either so I can't wait to feel like you do, congrats!
no_more_rolls
on 6/2/11 6:12 am - Jackson, MI
20 pounds in 8 days?! Way to go Katie! Good to see you are feeling good in body and spirit!

I'll be joining you soon on the loser's bench.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 622 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 982 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 333 views