Just found out I'm pregnant

Evoll_grll
on 6/20/11 8:48 am - Salem, OR
So, I'm 2 years out and down roughly 225 lbs. I'm horrible at taking vitamins, I hate them, they make me sick. But, other than some mild anemia I have been fine and my counts have been, ok. So, I just found out I am acidently pregnant, And kind of freaking out. Not sure what to do and what to change about what I do take. Or how this is all going to work or if it's even safe. I need to call my surgeon but have no way to get to him as he's over 4 hours away and I'm broke as no joke. Any helPfull tips ideas or input would be nice. Maybe someone who had a kid, or had some kind of complication I can avoid? I dunno I haven't told my family or anyone And am kinda freaked. thanks.
                         HW / SW / CW / GW          404 / 355 / 235 / 180

beemerbeeper
on 6/20/11 8:57 am - AL
www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/4009470/PLEASE-help-me-%20scar e-the-CRAP-out-of-a-DSer-who-is-not/action,replies/topic_id, 4009470/page,1/

Read that.

If you can't act like an adult and take care of yourself I hope you will at least take care of your unborn child for the next 8 months or so.

This is the minimal vites you should be taking:www.gblcreations.com/Resources/Gina/ProgramDRNY_ERNY_BPDDS3- 2010.pdf

These are the minimal labs you need to have done: docs.google.com/Doc

You need to see a high risk OB like yesterday.

Now I'm blocking you because I prefer not to watch train wrecks, especially when they involve helpless children.

~Becky

prettypixels
on 6/20/11 9:17 am
 I have a friend who carried a baby successfully about 2 years out (and honestly, I hope to as well!), but she was on top of her vitamins.  You need to do that, like, yesterday.  It's just no joke, ok?  I would get full labs done immediately so you can see what your body needs, then talk to a high risk OB and ensure that you are getting what you and your baby both need.  Congratulations on the baby on the way, and if you do the right thing I'm sure both of you will be ok!  
Banded in 2001 at 217 lbs - Band to DS revision 10/25/11 at 310 lbs
If life with your band sucks, you are not alone and it's not your fault.  Check out the failed lap band group!

Emily F.
on 6/20/11 9:40 am
Please contact Andrea U, she wrote the labtracker and it has a list of pregnancy vites and labs to draw and when. There is a pregnancy board also.

Please start taking your vites and see a high risk ob immediately, you can get your ob gyn to recommend one.

Please remember this is a little child inside you and its your responsibility to take care of yourself and it.
larra
on 6/20/11 10:00 am - bay area, CA
Congratulations!!

Doesn't matter at this point whether or not it was accidental, what does matter is that you take good care of yourself. And it really doesn't matter that your surgeon is 4 hours away either, as he can't help you with this one.
     Besides, you already know what you need to do. I think you just came here for a supportive kick in the pants. Start taking your vitamins NOW, all of them. No excuses. Get an appt with a high risk OB going. Get lab work, and keep in mind that the baby will take what it needs from you if it possibly can, so your health will suffer if you don't get in those vits, and of course, lots of healthy protein as well. Of course, if your levels are really poor, the baby will pay the price also.
      I think you know what to do. And we've had plenty of other successful pregnancies on this forum, so there is no reason you can't make yours a success as well.

Larra

PS I'm sure there are lots of websites that describe the routine vits for early pregnancy that you will need in addition to the DS vits. Get started on folate asap as it prevents neural tube defects. Very important!
(deactivated member)
on 6/20/11 10:05 am - San Jose, CA
All of them includes vitamin A?  I think she needs to be very careful about that one, but I don't know the rules - she needs to consult with an expert on at least that one.
larra
on 6/20/11 10:19 am - bay area, CA
I don't know the specifics for Vit A during pregnancy either. This is one of many areas where the high risk OB doc is needed.

Larra
(deactivated member)
on 6/20/11 10:22 am - San Jose, CA
Exactly - I just wanted to point out to her that she shouldn't just start taking vitamins willy-nilly, because there are pregnancy-specific issues.
kirmy
on 6/21/11 3:03 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Tetrogenic and she should avoid it like the plague unless she wants hideous birth defects.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
jandbmama
on 6/21/11 12:42 am - Frederick, MD
Good catch Diana - Vitamin A can be teratogenic.   OP, please get strong, good advice on all these matters.
Becky
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 975 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1168 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 432 views