50 g of protien per serving??

Amy_Kleve
on 6/27/11 6:42 am - Adrian, MN
I'm browsing around for protein drinks if I get the DS surgery, I found in the protein isle at Hy-Vee...

Twin Lab 100% Whey Protein Fuel 50 grams of protein.
Is this good for DSers?

Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

linda1814
on 6/27/11 7:01 am
Just a note, it is 25g per scoop which is pretty typical of many powdered proteins.  

My recommendation would be to not run out and buy a huge tub of something right away.  Your tastes may change post-op, at least temporarily, and you might not like it.  I'd still to buying smaller containers and sample packs for now until you know how your taste buds will react.  Vitalady has a huge assortment of trial sizes available for sale on her website.  

Good luck

My Macronutrient Breakdown

Daily Average for the Last 30 Days

Like this widget? Get your own at ObesityHelp.com

Amy_Kleve
on 6/27/11 7:16 am - Adrian, MN
Thanks,
I never thought of that

Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

beemerbeeper
on 6/27/11 7:19 am - AL
I don't double scoop protein.  I try to spread mine out in hopes that I absorb more that way. I got no science to back that up but that's what I do.

You can get samples from VitaLady because your tastes WILL change after surgery.

~Becky

Emily F.
on 6/27/11 9:30 am
A lot are 50 g protein when you use double scoops. Its not unusual.
Elizabeth N.
on 6/27/11 9:41 am - Burlington County, NJ
All they did was make the serving size larger. I occasionally use GNC's Amplified Wheybolic Extreme, which claims on the package to have 60 grams per serving. A serving? Three scoops. So it's nothing particularly concentrated or special. It just doesn't make me gag so I can chug it down.

Try samples first before you commit to a big tub of something. Vitalady sells a sample size of every powder she has. I highly recommend trying a whole bunch of them. Then you'll have an idea of what you might find drinkable, if not necessarily tasty.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 842 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1096 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 368 views