Starting vitamins?

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/11 5:52 am - Beverly, NJ
Now that sounds Yum!  I just sent the wife to the store and made sure apples were on the list.  Thanks a bunch!
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/11 4:03 am
 Hi, you may need to try more protein if you are getting kind of weak and shaky.

The vitamins... it all depends if you can handle them.  There is no reason otherwise of why you can't take any of them. 
I started taking  the calcium 2 days after surgery. And as we all know they are horsepills. I took 2 of them 3x a day right of the batt.
Plus the multi a couple of other to start with I can't remember which ones.

They will not damage anything, if you do take the regular pills and not the chewables. 
All you can do is try and see how you feel.
honeybadger 11
on 7/22/11 8:49 am - FL
hijack..inge love your new avatar!!!

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/11 4:39 am, edited 7/22/11 4:40 am - Beverly, NJ

Ok so the verdict is...

All BA's since they are all chewable and I'll start to ease into Vitaladys in about a week or so (those horse pills are scary no matter how you slice it lol)

BA Chewable Calcium Citrates 500mg 3x aday (although I'm been switching in and out with all the samples I have The BC Chocolate Calcet bites are my favorite, I'm definitely ordering some)

BA Sublingual  B12 1000mcg 1x a day

BA Chewable Multi ADEK 1x a day

BA Chewable Iron - Now my doctor calls for 325mg a day and Vitalady calls for 300mg this puts me at 10 pills because they are only 29mg a pop which is doable (anything is that keeps me healthy) so I split them up 5 in the am and 5 in the pm 

I also have tons of regular chewable mutli's (non ADEK) so I can take one of these a day as well.

Is this all sufficient enough until I start Vitaladys schedule?  If not what should I add?

EDIT: I forgot to add my protein.  I've been having one shake a day which equals 27 grams of protein maybe I should shoot for two?

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/11 4:58 am
 Yup, I would shoot for 2 protein drinks or at least 1 1/2.
If you have vitaladies stuff already I would get started on the D3. It seems like as if everybody starts out so darn low in D3.

I've heard of someone actually "greasing-up" the horsepills when they first started to take them. They used either cream cheese or butter, can't remember which. It sounds like something worth a try if you are having problems to start with.
What you are doing to start with will work though for a short period of time.
It just doesn't work well long term to take the ADEK multi, there just isn't enough of each in it to really make a difference. So it's a very expensive piece of candy for you.

The increasy in protein should help with how you feel.
Good Luck, kiddo
had_enuf
on 7/22/11 10:52 am - East Bay, CA
 You can use the advanced Google search to narrow down the focus of your search.

Here is a link to a previous post on the subject.:

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/4117128/Being-a-DSer-and-Being-able-to-research/

But, today for some reason, there is NO advanced search button on the Google home page. So here is a link, (suggest your bookmark as I did) to the Google Advanced Search:
www.google.ca/advanced_search
       Judy                   HW359/Consult288/SW275          

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/11 12:49 pm - Beverly, NJ
Thanks a bunch!  BTW I LOVE LOVE LOVE your avatar!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 975 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1168 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 435 views