Starting vitamins?

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/11 1:00 am - Beverly, NJ

1.  Is there a way to do a search strictly on the DS forums?  Something tells me this has probably been covered but ding a search on it was confusing.  

2.  I guess because of the liquid diet pre-op and maybe even a bit of in my mind I'm starting to feel like **** Kind of shaky, tired, and just plain crappy.   So I'm wondering if it's not to early to start my vitamins full head on.  My question is.  How did you start of taking your vitamins?  Was it one by one or did you dive face first into them?

btw I thought maybe my shakiness was a low blood sugar thing so I tested and I'm coming at 91 fasting.  So it's not low.   Any other ideas?

ambermay
on 7/22/11 2:04 am
I have wondered also if you can search juse the DS forum too!!  I have not found a way yet so I would like to know too!

I think that people start out the vitmans slow.  One at a time.  Then work up.

5'6" -- HW 270ish/SW 153.6/GW 150/CW 138
Amber

rubytica
on 7/22/11 2:33 am - GA
My Dr. told me to start the vitamins as soon as I got home.  I am doing the Dr's vitamin schedule now but I will switch to vitalady's schedule next month.  I am 3 weeks post op and I am taking 2 MV, 3 ADEK, 4 calcium and 2 iron a day.
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/11 2:37 am - Beverly, NJ
Are you taking pills or are all yours chewable? Everything I've been taking is chewable but I know I need to start my iron which is a pill.  Some of the pills are scary.  Are pills ok this far out?  The regular mutli I was taking preop is HUGE. 
rubytica
on 7/22/11 3:38 am - GA

Ohh...yes they are chewables.  The iron I take is the BA iron and it is chewable. I do take some pills like the levothyroxine and protonix but they are not big. Good question as some of the vitalady's vitamins are in tablets.

vitalady
on 7/22/11 8:14 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Most of my stuff is capsules. I prefer them myself. No pointy ends!

All are Tylenol size or smaller EXCEPT the calcium.

As an also-said, we started vites on day 7 (I think we shoulda done pre-op, but that was 1994)and they said chewable OR cut if you need to for 30 days. If a person could swallow the biggies by Day 7, they were fine with that. Personal taste.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/11 12:48 pm - Beverly, NJ

:)  I went through your stuff today and they only scary thing was the calcium and the multi vites (Kirkland I think)

I'm gonna go ahead and chew my way through these BA (no need to waste money) but once I'm done I'm folllowing your schedule to a T.  I've seen to many success stories too mess around and not follow it.  

BTW: Dr. G smiled when I said your name in the hospital.  He said getting your vites was a step in the right direction!  :)

vitalady
on 7/22/11 1:08 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I'm crazy about his heart for you and he knows it!

He wants the best! Pass along a hug when you see him again.

NEVER waste vites. Find someone local who's out of work, or we will. There is always someone who was spot on with their regimen until, they lost a job, had a sudden expense, medical issue........ anything donated to us is always given to the needy among us who were working their program already. Unless it's a bad thing. Those I don't pass on, like calcium carbonate.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/11 1:24 pm - Beverly, NJ

That is AWESOME to know!  Does it matter if they're opened? :(  These cinnamon Calcium from BA light my mouth on fire.  I've only tried one.  Thankfully I didnt pay for them they were part of the BA program.  

I will :)  I see him on Tuesday!  He is freakin awesome.  I'm really happy I had him!

vitalady
on 7/23/11 1:30 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Wait! Try eating your cinnamons broken in half with a bite of apple slice (maybe no skin?), and then the other half with another bite.

The also set my mouth on fire alone, but with apple, OMG! I call them my cinnyums.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 683 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views