Pre-op and post-op question

michelehei
on 7/26/11 10:29 pm
 Hi everyone!

I am pre op getting ready for my VBG to DS revision with Dr. Gagner in Montreal on August 25.  
I would like to order my Proferrin so I have it here when I get home.  Do I order the ES or the forte?

One more question that I have asked others but it sure would be nice to hear from more people and that is about the bowel movements post op.  Are they really as bad as I have heard them to be from some people?  That to me seems like the worst part of the DS.  I am really NOT looking forward to this but I will take anything over being obese and this is a small price to pay.  Thanks everyone!

Janine P.
on 7/26/11 11:32 pm - Long Island, NY
The Forte is the prescription version (in the US anyway) and the ES is the over the counter.  I think they work the same so it doesn't matter.

The potty time - Umm... In the beginning, you're loose because you're on such liquidy, mushy food and your system is adjusting.  But I'm almost 3 months out and I'm rarely every loose so it does get way better.  Iron firms my stool right up.   So yes, it's bad for a while, but it improves big time.  Or at least that's how it was with me.

Janine   Me on Youtube 

newyorkbitch
on 7/26/11 11:51 pm
You are only 3 months out.  You are very, very early in the process.  You are "in the beginning."

I am 11+ years out. Believe me,  the poop issues never go away.  sure they vary with diet and from person to person,  but there are no guarantees and it's a lifelong issue with the DS.

michelehei
on 7/27/11 12:03 am
newyork***** would you do it again if you knew about your lifelong "poop issues?"
newyorkbitch
on 7/27/11 1:06 am
Yes, in a heartbeat.
Janine P.
on 7/27/11 12:06 am - Long Island, NY
And I was referring to my bathroom issues as of today. I'm not referring to my issues 3 years from now.  Do you read what I type or do you skim it and judge?

Seriously, just STFU and stop responding to my posts because you're ignorant and narcissistic and no one wants to hear from you.

Janine   Me on Youtube 

michelehei
on 7/27/11 12:18 am
 Janine,

I would like to say congratulations on your amazing weight loss and thanks so much for sharing your experiences thus far.  I sincerely appreciate it.  I have learned so much form people like you that are willing to share experiences at any stage of their DS journey.  So...thanks so much!

Kim
Janine P.
on 7/27/11 12:20 am - Long Island, NY
You're so welcome.  Anything I can do to help...

Janine   Me on Youtube 

newyorkbitch
on 7/27/11 1:08 am
You are certainly free to ignore my posts should you so desire.
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/11 12:36 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 979 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1170 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 442 views