Carb Monster!!!!

a_new_mii
on 7/29/11 12:03 pm - AZ
Hey Y'all,   
I've been fighting the CARB MONSTER all day!!!! UGH!!  

I have been baking and decorating cakes for nearly 30 years.  I do it as a side business. Today is the first big order since surgery.  I didn't know it was going to be so hard!! I've always taste tested everything because I don't really use written recipes.  I make my own buttercream frosting and my own fondant.  Anyway the smells..... OOHHH...I just can't tell you.  I'm not sure what I'm gonna do.  Should I quit doing cakes???? It's ALWAYS been my passion to own my own Custom Cake Shop.  I just hope as I adjust to my new life I will be able to better cope.  
Anyway thanks for listening.  
SUCKS!!!!!

Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

Naked_Lizard
on 7/29/11 12:16 pm - West Haven, UT
Your right it does SUCK, your doing great, give yourself credit for how well you are doing. WOOT!
Toni
HW/298 ~ SW/285 ~ CW/161~ GW/140
OnederLand & Century Club - 11/29/2010

amccu18007
on 7/29/11 12:22 pm - Newark, DE
You can do this! Do what you enjoy and don't stop! Give yourself credit, this is the new you
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

gak
on 7/29/11 12:31 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
You can beat that dang CARB monster !  Fill up with protein first before you start and then you will not want to sample stuff. It is mind of matter or should I say batter... I know ..REALLY BAD ! You can beat it !

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

a_new_mii
on 7/29/11 12:58 pm - AZ
Thank you guys!  I've already determined I'll make it through this cake will see what happens with the next one.  
 Thanks For Being My Friend) 

Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

Renfairewench
on 7/29/11 1:37 pm

I think it would be cool if you made a carb monster cake!!!!

Maddie

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Julie R.
on 7/29/11 11:14 pm - Ludington, MI
 Oh - I'd be a great cake decorator as a DS'er (lack of talent notwithstanding) because I do NOT like cake anymore.    Too sweet!    Once in a while I'll have a sublime piece of homemade carrot cake, but any standard run-of-the-mill cake makes me feel nauseated after just one or two bites.   Now a good pie is a different matter completely!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

newyorkbitch
on 7/30/11 11:44 am
My sweet tooth diminished dramatically a couple of years post-DS.
Julie R.
on 7/30/11 11:57 am - Ludington, MI
 Mine too....but in a weird way - anything but dark chocolate is too sweet, ice cream is as well, and the aforementioned cake.   However, I can down a bag of Jelly Bellys in an alarming amount of time and not find them, the highest in sugar of all, too sweet!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

trxxyy
on 7/29/11 11:52 pm - Orange County, CA
I totally hear you on this one!  Cake decorating has always been a hobby but in the last couple of years it has grown into a little side business. I had my surgery about a week after you did and I think I have done 3 or four cakes since then. When I taste test the cake I just chew it up and spit it out. I won't kid you, it is hard not to swallow that cake but at least it prevents me from sliding. The butter cream on the other hand, that is just shear will power since I love butter cream. Fondant is not a problem, I don't like it so I am not even tempted but it is fun to work with.  I am impressed that you make your own fondant, that is something I haven't tried to do yet.

-shelly

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 979 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1170 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 442 views