Dr. Brian Francis Lane Suspended from Practice for Lies. Files Bankruptcy​.

Justin
on 8/2/11 6:23 am - CLEVELAND, OH
Hi all, long time since I've posted here.  I hope all are healthy and happy; I am.

Just came upon this information and wanted to pass it along should it help Dr. Lane's patients here.  Feel free to pass this around the OH boards.  I know there are several Lane patients who had VSG and RNY.  And I think quite a few Lap Banders from back in his Michigan days.

It appears that Dr. Lane came before the Ohio Medical Board in May of 2011, where he was suspended from practice for six months.

Dr. Lane lied on at least one application for employment, and on both his original and renewal application for medical license.  Specifically, he failed to disclose open medical malpractice suits and that he had been arrested and jailed for drunk driving.  University of Toledo is directly mentioned in the record.  He lied on his application for employment there.  It would appear that his lies were the result of his abrupt dismissal; if you lie on your application, you get fired. He also states that he has filed for bankruptcy.

I feel lied to as I made direct inquiry about these issues when I had my surgery in 2008.  I feel like I did not give informed consent.

A record of the disciplinary action begins on page 16 here: http://www.med.ohio.gov/pdf/Minutes/2011/05-11minutes.pdf

Best,

J.
Blogging my Journey... Click to View

Get the FACTS about the Duodenal Switch at www.DSFACTS.com
Michelle B.
on 8/2/11 7:30 am - Cleveland, OH
wow!  I was in the middle of the process to get my DS with Dr Lane when he left (now I know dismissed) from Toledo.  I was so disapointed and it derailed me a bit but man all things happen for a reason and now I know what it is.  I've been googling him every so often to try to find out any information on what happened to him.

I'm sorry you have to feel lied to now.  I wish you the best.
   - Michelle -

HW: 315 | SW: 273 | CW: 142.2| GW: 125-130

amccu18007
on 8/2/11 7:37 am - Newark, DE
I am sorry that you feel lied to. That just sucks. He really left all his patients in a lurch. Hopefully, they were able to find a better doctor in the end. Thanks for the update.
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/11 7:40 am - OH
WOW! When I firt started looking into WLS I was going to go with him since Bowling Green is only about an hour from my house. Thankfully I asked about him on here and was advised from the vets not to go. I cancelled my orientation that same day. I hope they remove his name from DSfacts.com.
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/11 12:07 pm - San Jose, CA
He was already listed as:

Dr. Lane has resigned from the University of Toledo Medical Center. Details on his new location will be published when available.

...but the listing has now been totally removed.
nightowl
on 8/2/11 2:08 pm - Topeka, KS
Wowza.  Thanks for the info.
I started college at Bluffton, Ohio i*****  I ended up transferring.  If I had stayed in that area, I might have ended up using him for a DS?
I hope he can reform his life.
Nicolle
on 8/3/11 2:34 am
Hey, Justin. Looking good, buddy! Thanks for the update. I knew you were looking into this at one time. Sorry you feel betrayed. I suppose there's not much anyone can say before formal charges are filed, etc.

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

Elizabeth N.
on 8/3/11 3:35 am - Burlington County, NJ
I'm so sorry you had to find this out the hard way. You are okay though, right?

THANK YOU for publishing this. Stories have been flowing behind the scene about him for a long time.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1018 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1185 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 476 views