Pleasant surprise

AllieInOntario
on 8/2/11 12:34 pm
I had an appt with my PCP today. 

Bummer part, she's wayyyyy too busy sometimes and it's hard to get a quick appointment - had to do the quicktime walk in clinic she does on Tuesdays. 

Good part... I go in just to get a refill for my Prevacid and to simply make sure she knows that I had a Duodenal Switch and that I"m going to make a longer appt with her in about 6 weeks.  (Ok it was a bit of test to see what her reaction would be.)  

She said:  that's what it's called?  Writes it down... starts asing questions :)

I said: Yep, it's not like the RNY (to which she said, I'm glad to hear that, bad results, too many problems).  I explain what gets kept, rewired etc... and tell her I'm going to bring pictures next time on the longer appt and discuss the particulars more with her.  :)

I'm really jazzed that she's very interested and is so willing to work with me on this.   ESP, when I explained  that because of the mal absorption we have to watch for labs regarding iron, calcium, D etc.  Told her because I'm on with a group online - that I'm going to compile the complete standing "vampire list" for her to order and make sure we get all necessary things checked on with blood tests etc. 

When I had my thyroid conversion problems, she and I worked together to get it under control.  So it's good that she hasn't lost her willingness to be inventive and investigative :)

Oh... and 6 weeks... 30 pounds... all in all... pleasant surprise day

Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

KarenFlorida
on 8/2/11 12:50 pm - Orlando, FL
Yay, Allie! (On both the weight loss and the good PCP). Happy to hear you're doing well.

Karen
Join me! weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

beemerbeeper
on 8/2/11 12:52 pm - AL
Superb day all around!

~Becky

gak
on 8/2/11 1:40 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
WOO HOO... Congrats on having what sounds like a great PCP ... So encouraging to read some are still willing to learn about us ! 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

scoob
on 8/2/11 10:12 pm - Somerset, KY
It is soooooo AWESOME when you can find a PCP who actually LISTENS!! Congrats on the 30lbs! Isn't it great?!!!!!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

a_new_mii
on 8/3/11 12:48 am - AZ
 Allie,
Congrats on both counts!  Glad to hear you had a great day!
Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/11 3:41 am - Beverly, NJ
Thumbs up for an awesome day!!!
(deactivated member)
on 8/3/11 4:25 am

Congrats!  I love it when people post good news and success stories!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 834 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1091 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 368 views