Switched and doing well so far

Amy_Kleve
on 8/9/11 9:21 pm - Adrian, MN
Sorry I didn't post this sooner. I was scared to sit in the hospital chair to use their computer.

Took 6 hours on August 2nd to revise me from band to DS
I was in recovery for another 6 hours. It was hard for them to get my pain under control.

I did REALLY good the 2nd day. I actually over did it, causing my blood pressure to shoot up. They gave me a blood pressure med I have never been on before that gave me a reaction. That lead into my first blown panic attack. They did 2 EKG's. I had everyone in my room thinking I had a PE or heart attack.

They tried me on clear liquids, but I bloated so bad, so I went NPO again for another day.

Then my c-section hernia got filled with gas causing extreme pain there. That made my hernia double in size. I thought I would need emergency surgery to get it out. But, the doctors can still pu**** back in. I can't. The doctor said if I can't poop, then they will repair it. The surgeon said it would be best to wait as long as I can, at least a year to get all the weight off. He said the more weight I loose, the better chances the hernia will not pop back out after repair.
Then they can repair hernia and to tummy tuck at the same time.

So, after all this, I pulled a back muscle, that is still giving me pain today. Oh well, could be worse.

All in all, it was a success full surgery.

I got home yesterday feeling wiped out, could not get comfortable and had 5 kids pulling on me. Today, I just have my older 2 kids.

Not too much pain in my belly, just a lot of pulling and tenderness.

My biggest struggle is getting in my 64 ounces of liquid a day. I am making progress every day. I'm now up to about 30 and I am 8 days post-op.

I'm on pureed foods for 3 weeks, having a  hard time coming up with safe DS pureed foods. If any tips or thoughts, that would be appreciated

Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

scoob
on 8/9/11 9:27 pm - Somerset, KY
So happy your doing well and Welcome to the DarkSide!!

As for the puree, don't worry about that until you're getting in your fluids. It is VERY important to sip sip sip all day. Food will come soon enough. If you want to feel like your eating, use jello, popsicle, pudding, all sugar free. You don't want to get dehydrated! Good luck hon and keep us posted!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

teachmid
on 8/9/11 10:21 pm - OKC, OK
Congratulations on your surgery. Whew, you've had a rough start, but hopefully it'l be smooth from now on. Focus on fluids, fluids, fluids.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

MomToTeens
on 8/9/11 10:46 pm - OH
Amy,

Welcome to the Dark Side (though you took the rougher track to get here!)  I am a little over 3 weeks out from a RNY to DS Revision and the best thing now is sip, sip, sip.  The food and protein will come in time, but DO NOT let yourself get dehydrated!

Good luck and keep us posted...

Susan
RNY:  05/24/2005     SW:  270, lowest:  190,  Back up to:  230
Revision to DS:  07/24/2011  SW:230/CW:181/GW:140

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"
Will Rogers

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 11:29 pm - TX
Thanks for scaring me Amy!!  Glad your home and healing!!
Jody W.
on 8/9/11 11:45 pm - Windsor, CT
Amy,
It is good to hear from you... sounds like you had an adventure but it is great that you are home safely....
I guess the rollercoaster ride begins...

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

Frankie
on 8/10/11 12:12 am - NY

*****Hijack*****

Jody, you are getting so close.  Are you ready?  I know you are excited.

Frankie

Jody W.
on 8/10/11 12:25 am - Windsor, CT
Frankie....
Excited and nervous and scared and all the emotions that you can feel.... I am SUPER blessed that my approval went as smooth as it did... I am going to be be seeing DR Roslin on Friday for the Pre-op visit (final)....I can not believe that in less than a week I am going to be on the dark side...

There are so many variables... it is hard... because my mom is home with my daughter so she will not be coming to the hospital...(I dont want my daughter to see me there)... and I dont know how many days I will be in the hospital.... then I wanted to stay in the city for a couple more days after I am released so I can be close in case there is an issue.... just so much to think about... I know that I am DR Roslin's only surgery that day.....

See my mind is in ADHD mode!!!

Thank you so much for keeping up with me!! :)

You guys are the best!

HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

Frankie
on 8/10/11 2:48 am - NY
Jody,

You will do fine.  Dr. Rsolin usually keeps his patients in the hospital for 4 days.  You are right  not to let your baby see you that way as you don't want to scare them.  Do you think that you mom can find someone to watch her when you are released so she can come get you?

Keep focused and pray.
Frankie

Jody W.
on 8/10/11 3:26 am - Windsor, CT

Frankie,
Yes... on my day of my release my mom will come up and get me... and I have a friend in the city that is gonna keep an eye on me in the hospital and talk to my mom if I can not contact her myself....
I am trying to not focus on things that are out of my control and pray that everything goes smoothly and I have an uneventful recovery!
Thank you so much....
-Jody

HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 595 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 968 views
Need help for my mom