Hey Gang....just an update...and a THANKS!

bigsteve2010
on 8/13/11 4:29 am - Williamsburg, MO
Well im still alive....the little issue I had turned out to be all my fault...Have a J-tube in and found out if you leave that sucker corked off too long bile backs up and causes pressure and (for me) dry heaves and terrible nausea....it still amazes me that I have to kinda make myself eat, and how little I really need to feel satisfied. I am starting to have cravings for certain things here the past few days..yesterday and today it was Wendy's chili...which i did have and chewed it to kingdom come before swallowing, and it sits nicely. And I figure with the small bits of meat and beans is a better source of protein than the sugar-free popscicle fetish I have acquired (which is another matter)....as far as weight goes I had an appointment with Dr. A last week and I have lost 30# in 2 weeks...and that makes a total of 117# since Demember when I had my Panniculectomy...so Im so stoked!!!! And this is just a big THANK YOU to all the folks on here for their support and help, and that little kick in the pants I need from time to time
dana712
on 8/13/11 4:33 am
Hi
Around your j-tube is it irritated ? What do you put on it?
Mine is irritated my doctor said to put maalox.

Thanks
Dana
bigsteve2010
on 8/13/11 4:46 am - Williamsburg, MO
mine isnt really irritated, just keep it clean with soap and water and dry....without seeing the irritation its hard to say....Id check with your doc...I never heard of topical maalox, but if gastric juice is creeping up there i guess maalox would neutralize it
MomToTeens
on 8/13/11 5:25 am - OH
Dana,

I cleared up the majority of the irritation on mine by using peroxide once or twice a day.

Susan
RNY:  05/24/2005     SW:  270, lowest:  190,  Back up to:  230
Revision to DS:  07/24/2011  SW:230/CW:181/GW:140

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"
Will Rogers

J G.
on 8/13/11 4:43 am
Steve glad to hear you are eating.  You should be stoked; 117# is great!!!

-Jenny
MomToTeens
on 8/13/11 5:26 am - OH
Ouch!

I have a j-tube too, and was told that even if I'm not using it to flu**** several times a day with 50cc of water.

Sounds like you're doing great!

Susan
RNY:  05/24/2005     SW:  270, lowest:  190,  Back up to:  230
Revision to DS:  07/24/2011  SW:230/CW:181/GW:140

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"
Will Rogers

teachmid
on 8/13/11 5:48 am - OKC, OK
I flushed mine several times a day and cleaned around the tube with peroxide.

Glad you're doing better and congratulations on your weight loss.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

MiissOre0
on 8/13/11 6:31 am - pennsauken, NJ
I hope you are feeling better and WooHoo on your weight loss!!!

This is a start of a new beginning..hw/cw/gw 600/200/175

kirmy
on 8/13/11 7:56 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Honey has your J-tube out-put tailed off?  Are you able to clamp it for longer periods so you can digest your food and fluids? 

How long do you need to have that in for???

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
bigsteve2010
on 8/13/11 9:25 am - Williamsburg, MO
Yes its much better now....I leave it clamped all the time now...no problems...It will come out on sept. 14th (my next doc appt.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 719 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1026 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 344 views