Vetrans Help....BLOATING!

ladydi1970
on 9/7/11 5:48 am - GA
OMG!!!  with in the past month, i've started bloating like crazy by the end of the day.  I swear I look like i'm about 4 months prego by the end of the day.  and it's an every single day thing lately.  I'm miserable.

I'm lactose intolerant, but have always been able to handle everything dairy but straight regular milk.  I eat a lot of turkey, chicken, provolone cheese wraps (as a snack) (I roll them all up in one, put toothpicks in them and then cut as in to make pin wheels so to speak).

I had my baby factory shut down last week (New in office procedure, basicly they cork up your tubes, so nothing can go up, and nothing can float down!), and have been on some meds, maybe that's what's doing it?  But it sure seems like it's been happening longer than that.

I avoid white flour like the plauge.  I don't have gas...just this very painful, very uncomfortable bloating.  Only way I can explain it, is....know how you feel when you are constipated as hell?  that's how I feel, but I have -0- problems in that area.

I'm miserable.  (Alka seltzer, gas X, Tums nothing I've tried works.) I take Lactaid pills (that Lori Smith suggested) and the same brand but for Gas every day too.

Right now I just want to go sit in a tub of hot ho****er....I slept with a heating pad last night, but it really and truley didn't help.

It's so bad, that in the mornings...I weigh about 168, when I get home im about 180!!! that's ALOT!!!

On a funny note....my dad said "How do you spell relief?  F-A-R-T!!!" lololololololol!!!!

any other suggestions?  I truly don't believe that it's something "bad" that I'm eating.  And when I say "bad" I mean something I shouldn't be eating.  But tummy doesn't like something!

I'm gonna start writing down everything, that will help you guys help me.

By the way....HI EVERYONE!!!!  (And yes, I know I need to update my signature line...I did hit goal but have evened out at 165-170, size 8, I can wear size 6 jeans, but I can't breath and they are unzipped and unbuttoned by the end of the day!)

Diana   DS Revision from '99 RNY 
UHC Denied Jan'09/APPROVED Feb'09 
DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

Kathleen F.
on 9/7/11 6:43 am
Were you on antibiotics? Could be it threw your intestinal flora off. Do you take probiotics? If not, you can try that. I have had pretty good success using Disgestive Advantage: Gas Defense Formula. 
ladydi1970
on 9/7/11 11:09 pm - GA
No Antibiotics. and I do take the exact thing you stated.  I use the Digestive Advantage Gas, and Lactose, daily.

But thanks for the suggestions!!

DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

Crazeru
on 9/7/11 7:00 am
You might want to stop the Lactaid pills and all cheese for the time being.  Going back to basics, meat, fish, eggs...  Do you do any protein shakes?  I can't handle the whey or soy, and can only do eggwhite protein shakes.  Just a few thoughts... 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

ladydi1970
on 9/7/11 11:12 pm - GA
I'm scared to death to stop the Lactaid pills.  Maybe I'll stop with the cheese for a few days to see if that helps.

And NO NO NO NO NO NO.... and NO on the whey protein shakes.  OMG...Lori Black got about a months worth of that stuff from me, because it blew me up!

I get plenty of protein from what I eat (I'm a total meat-aholic), doc prefers food rather than shakes.

Good good suggestions!!!

DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

Julie R.
on 9/7/11 8:59 am - Ludington, MI
 Do you drink whey protein shakes?    Most of them blow me up like a nickle balloon.   I can only tolerate one or two different kinds.    I had lots of issues with bloating earlier out, but now at five years, it's much better.   I have to eat really awful stuff to get that six monthes bloated look these days.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

ladydi1970
on 9/7/11 11:14 pm - GA
No protein shakes.... especially Whey!  UGH!  (See previous answer above.)

Thanks for trying Julie!

DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/11 11:15 am - Yorktown, VA
Sugar alcohols cause a lot of people a lot of gas.  If it says "sugar free" it probably has sugar alcohols in it.  A lot of protein bars have them, too.
ladydi1970
on 9/7/11 11:24 pm, edited 9/7/11 11:35 pm - GA
I don't do sugar free stuff.  I had some SF Gummie Bears early out (well...about a year out) and I almost had my BF take me to the hospital because I was in so much pain.  Then I read on her about SF crap.  So I avoid that now also like the plauge.

OMG...hold on!!!!  UGH!!!!!!!!!!! SOMETHING JUST CLICKED!!!!  My BF gave me some gum the other day, that he bought and hated it.  I liked it, and have bought 1 more pack since.  THE DAM* STUFF IS SUGAR FREE!!!!  and this crap started about the time I started chewing it!  UGH!!  THAT'S GOT TO BE IT!!

K...I won't chew any of it today, and let's see!

oh thank you thank you!!!  Why after all this time, I didn't think of this?!  the pain...had to be the pain i was in!  LOL (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

****Edited to add...dumbazz me...this was the very 1st time I looked at the pack of gum to see it was SF...I feel like such an idiot!

DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/11 12:59 am - Yorktown, VA
I hope it's the gum and you've solved the problem!

SF gum doesn't bother me as I'm not that sensitive to it, but I have read of it causing issues in others here.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 842 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1096 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 368 views