What a month!

Diane Davis
on 9/15/11 12:03 pm

Just wanted to check in with everyone and let you all know I'm still here, just haven't felt well enough to sit much at the 'puter.

I should have known the first two weeks were too easy.  Had no problem getting my fluids/protein in, and was able to take my meds without difficulty.  Got an infection from one of my incision sites that opened back up, had to take Keflex every eight hours.  This antibiotic made me ill and made it difficult to get my fluids/foods in and left me having dry heaves.  They took me off of it after a week as a result of it.  I'm still having trouble getting my fluids/foods in, I just don't feel well.

I'm in that phase now where everything taste blah and any sweetener is too sweet.  I thought I was going to bypass this phase, but nope, isn't going to happen.  I've finally figured out how to get to bed without the dry heaves, which helps.

My weight loss has stalled.  My Angel Julie Townsend believes it's because of the decrease in my fluids/foods, so will have to work harder on this.  It's just so hard when you feel like this.

I have no regrets, not one, about getting the DS.  Just am looking forward to that day I'll feel well again. 
Thank you to all who have thought about me and contacted me, I love you very much!

My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
ThisIsMyUserName
on 9/15/11 12:52 pm
Hang in there. This too shall pass!!!! It will all be a distant memory soon. Im pre op so I have no suggestions on foods to try etc. But I sincerely  I hope you feel better soon!
Diane Davis
on 9/15/11 1:52 pm
Thank you, you have always been a good support for me.  I hope I can be as good of one for you!
Do you have your date yet?  Did the info I gave you help any on your schedules?
pktwatch
on 9/15/11 3:00 pm, edited 9/15/11 3:01 am
Keep your head up Diane, I know that you will fight through this and come out strong!

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

Diane Davis
on 9/15/11 3:27 pm
Thanks Butch, your support means everything!
sweetdew
on 9/15/11 3:13 pm - CA
***************** DIANE ******************
xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxo

SO, SO, SO HAPPY to see you!!!!!!! WHoo Hooo baby, you are on the other side! It was really rough for me the first 5 weeks! Horrible as a matter of fact, but then...... ALL GOOD!

I am so happy you got your DS, so happy you are ok and really happy to see your post! Hugs, Love and friendship!

Your friend,
Shireen
Sweetdew
2005-Revision from Lap-band to RNY, 12/2010 Revision from RNY to DS
HW-305  DS,SW-262  CW-slowly going down  GW-140/160

Diane Davis
on 9/15/11 3:29 pm
Thanks Shireen, have missed you bunches!  Didn't know if you knew I had surgery or not.  I'm looking forward to feeling better, I know it's going to happen, just getting there!

Love you back!
butercup
on 9/15/11 4:29 pm - Kennewick, WA
That's awful Diane, I'm sorry. I hope it gets better, it will though. Maybe I should say I hope it gets better really fast.
Diane Davis
on 9/16/11 1:19 pm
Thanks Heidi!
Fran-I Am
on 9/15/11 6:35 pm
Hoping you start to feel more like yourself soon!

SW 1012/11 265#  CW 10/10 142#
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 619 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 979 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 332 views