Vites and Labs.

a_new_mii
on 9/23/11 9:12 am - AZ
 I Y'all.  I need to go in on Monday morning and get my labs done.  I know they are fasting labs... so nothing to eat or drink (bu****er) after 10 pm.  But i can't remember for sure what the last dose of vites I'm supposed to take.  Am I just supposed to skip the night  and morning dose, or do I skip the whole day before?
Thanks for the help.
Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

MajorMom
on 9/23/11 9:19 am - VA
I skip at least 12 hours of vitamins.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

a_new_mii
on 9/23/11 9:51 am - AZ
 Thanks Gina!  I take My "evening" vites at about 4:30, so I should be good to just miss the bedtime and early morning batch.  
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

amccu18007
on 9/23/11 9:35 am - Newark, DE
I skip the last 2 of my 4 batches or about 12 hours before. Good luck!
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

a_new_mii
on 9/23/11 9:52 am - AZ
 Thank You Amanda,  Should I try to cram the missed ones in throughout the day or just skip them altogether?
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

amccu18007
on 9/23/11 10:14 am - Newark, DE
I would just skip the last two altogether. I bring my morning votes, shake and bottle of water to the lab to take right after my bloodwork.
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

vitalady
on 9/23/11 1:40 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
i take them as normal until that morning. I also eat the night before, but I don't eat late anyway.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

a_new_mii
on 9/23/11 2:00 pm - AZ
 Thank you Michelle!  I think that's what I'll do!  I mean really... advice straight from VITALADY!!!

HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

vitalady
on 9/23/11 2:12 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Well, it's not medical and it doesn't make it "right", only what has been working for us.

We take our vites every day, so to test without our vites on board doesn't help us determine if we need to change what we're doing, right? I need to see scores based on what we're doing, which is based on labs back to the beginning of time.

I see some ppl going off vites for 2 wks or 3 days and then test and all it does is test to low, so were you low ON your dose or did it drop since the last? Too nebulous for my somewhat OCD thinker. KWIM?

I drink water up til and WHILE they draw me. My coffee protein is made up and in the car in a thermal cup, so the minute I walk out the door, it's in me. Like now. I can't even start my motor without it. LOL

Oh and because I do weekly B12, I skip one weekend, then test on maybe tuesday, so I'm actually seeing about 10 days after a shot, to see how low it goes. That's the exception to the pill rule

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

gak
on 9/24/11 3:20 am
Revision on 06/21/13
I do not skip any vits. I take all of them  the day before and do not start the currents day until after the morning draw, which I go early for. I am one of the first ones at the lab. I drink water and as much as possible so I am well hydrated. I am a hard stick if I am dehydrated. I just say, yes I have fasted. I do not mention water intake at all or some lab people go balistic and will not draw me. The docs have told me it is fine to have water after midnight and I can eat until midnight if I am having a hungry day the day before.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 979 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1170 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 442 views