5 1/2 week update

Diane Davis
on 9/26/11 2:23 am
Thanks Becky.  I already have a call into the Dr., if he doesn't order the fluids, that's what I'm going to do, just show up at the ER.
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
airbender
on 9/25/11 10:04 pm

I would forget the burst of energy.  try to get in as much fluid as you can, if you are getting in 64 oz try 68 next time etc.  don't beat yourself up about the vites they are difficult to take in a couple of months you will look back at this as just part of the healing process.  what you are describing is just run down post op, it stinks but you will need to take some more time to rest, drink, walk lightlty, nothing tastes good cause you feel like crap, it does get better.....

pktwatch
on 9/25/11 10:16 pm
I hope that you feel better soon. Remember at those support groups that they keep saying that we have the same surgery yet we are all different. Just sip and walk, it will get better!

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

Diane Davis
on 9/26/11 2:27 am
Thanks Butch.  I'm so glad you're home and well.  I didn't feel well enough to get on the computer this early out, you must be doing GREAT!!

Don't let my journey be any reflection of what your's will be like.  I was doing great until that week on Keflex, that completely turned my progress around to the worse.  It's been a struggle for me ever since.

Keep me updated on your progress.  Will continue to think about you and keep you in my prayers.
Diane Davis
on 9/26/11 2:46 am
Thanks Airbender, I appreciate your advice, always have!
Elizabeth N.
on 9/25/11 10:30 pm - Burlington County, NJ
On the whole you sound like you're doing fine. Some people take longer to heal than others do. But definitely get potassium checked and get some fluids if you possibly can. Even if you don't need the banana bag, getting nicely plumped up so you aren't all dried out could make a HUGE difference.

Diane Davis
on 9/26/11 2:30 am
Thanks EN, I believe I need the IV fluids, I'm so weak, I'm having difficulty getting up/down the stairs.

It's getting harder to consume my fluids, too.  I'll be glad when this all passes.
no_more_rolls
on 9/25/11 11:13 pm - Jackson, MI
I felt like crap until about the 8 week mark.  Give it some time, some people just need more time to heal than others.  

Have you started taking a probiotic yet?  Set a timer if you have to so you don't forget to take your supplements!  Once I became vigilant on taking mine (supplements and probiotic) my bathroom issues became more regulated.

Hope you feel better soon!  
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

Diane Davis
on 9/26/11 2:37 am
Thanks so much!

Yes, I started taking probiotics several months preop.  I do need to be more vigilant with my supplements, it's just so hard when i feel so nauseous.  Last night I got so nauseous I threw them all back up.

I'm also going to have to be really careful on what I eat.  Right now I can't cook in butter or add extra to anything.  Fats go right through me and keep me going all day.
dgb123
on 9/26/11 3:29 am - Fairfax, VA
Zofran and dramamine were my friends for weeks following surgery.  I had no side effects and the Zofran was sublingual so I couldn't throw it up.  At least give it a try.  And I agree with the others to try IV fluids.

Hope you feel better soon.

Donna

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 842 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1095 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 368 views