5 1/2 week update

Diane Davis
on 9/25/11 5:08 pm
I wish I could say after a few days or so that I have felt that burst of energy, but I haven't.  I feel run down, my stomach doesn't feel good, I have a hard time getting my fluids in no matter how hard I fight to get them in.  Most days I get in around 64oz's in, but just doesn't seem like enough.

I get adequate protein in most days.  I need to be more vigilant on my vites, still working on that.  I've been trying to get my bowels regulated so that I can return to work (bathrooms are not usually close at hand).  I sub teach and sub school nurse, so when I'm teaching, I can't leave my classroom to go sit on the toilet.  I'm not having very good luck getting emptied out before 7:30AM, no matter how early I get up.

I'm still having problems with some nuseousness.  My surgeon gave me a script for Zophran, but the side effects listed are so horrid that I'm fearful to take them.

I am calling my PCP in the morning to see about getting some IV fluids and a possible banana bag with hopes that it will give me a turnaround and make me feel better.

Nothing tastes good to me or settles in my stomach well, so I'm hoping this will help.
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
MajorMom
on 9/25/11 6:21 pm - VA
It sounds like you need a prescription for more time to heal. I hope you start feeling better soon.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Diane Davis
on 9/26/11 2:13 am
Thanks Gina, it just bothers me when I see people up and running after 2 weeks and I'm still here at this point.
lk1970
on 9/25/11 8:59 pm
Yah.. what Gina said.. Take more time to heal if you can.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

Diane Davis
on 9/26/11 2:14 am
Thank you, I just want to get back to a somewhat normal life.
lk1970
on 9/26/11 11:41 am
I can totally understand that....

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

Diane Davis
on 9/27/11 11:28 am
Lisa, you're the best, thank you for your support!
DarcyMad
on 9/27/11 3:30 am - Cedar Park, TX
You poor thing!  Lots of hugs to you.  You were always there for me during my journey so now I want to give you some words of advice from it!

First off - everyone, and I mean everyone!, heals differently.  If it takes more time, it just does.  Plain and simple!  You have just given yourself the biggest life-changing gift you could give.  Those changes don't happen overnight.  Give yourself another gift...the gift of time.

I can remember feeling tired and worn down but I went back to work after 2 weeks.  My office is also right next to the bathroom and I"m the only girl!  LOL  Made things pretty easy.  Also, I have a desk job and am able to sit.  It was really at month 2 where I felt "normal" as you say.  I would still have a little nausea now and then but you are into a routine at least.

The first few months seemed to DRAG!  Your mind plays tricks on you and you just wish, wish you could eat what everyone else is eating but you aren't able to.  Everything looks so good but you are eating so little.  You have a hard time telling when you are really hungry and sometimes dont' want to eat but you have to.  Same with water and vites.

Just you wait though!  YOu've been here long enough and read and posted enough to know about the wonderful road ahead.  It may not always seem smooth but you will look back in another month or two and realize how much time has passed and marvel and how much better you are feeling.  Again, be patient with yourself.  You deserve it!

I can't wait to watch YOUR journey!!!
Darcy
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

Diane Davis
on 9/27/11 11:31 am
Thanks Darcy, I really appreciate your comments and advice, as well as your support.

I enjoyed watching your journey.  You have done such a wonderful job and are so tiny now!

Thank you for being here for me, it means a lot to me.
scoob
on 9/25/11 9:15 pm - Somerset, KY
You're doing great, Diane! You're still early out. You're gonna feel like **** I promise, it does get easier. I'll call in a day or so and check on you. HUGS and Love!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 619 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 979 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 332 views