Pain in my butt - literally

morgangirl
on 10/2/11 11:30 pm - MI
Normally there are posts about how now since we’ve lost weight and have no butts anymore that sitting for long a period of time isn’t comfortable. I do get that sometimes, but the pain I am talking about now is a little different.   I usually wake up in the middle of the night and I’m not sure if I am waking up because of the pain in my butt or because I have to use the bathroom or maybe both. My pain is only on the right side and it seems to be very “deep" in my muscle. The pain is similar to what I use to get alternately on both sides when I was pregnant with my sons and the doctor said the baby was pressing on a nerve. Although then the pain actually went down my thighs too.   This is different in the fact that it happens when I am laying down during the night. I get the pain sometimes during the day sitting at the computer and sometimes sitting on the couch watching tv at night, but I always have it at night.   This pain didn’t start until I lost weight.   Does anybody have any ideas? My 2 thoughts were a pinched nerve (maybe??). Or something needs to be adjusted with my vitamins, but why would it mostly happen at night and only on the right side?
Julie R.
on 10/3/11 1:44 am - Ludington, MI
That sounds a little bit like sciatic nerve pain - I also had that when I was pregnant.  Getting on my hands and knees and rocking back and forth relieved it, because it took the baby's weight off of it.      Does it run down your leg at all?
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

morgangirl
on 10/3/11 1:47 am - MI
Nope - when I was pregnant it went down my leg, but now it just stays right in my butt.  Weird huh?
Emily F.
on 10/11/11 5:58 am
Sciatic nerve. Try hot/cold cream and physical therapy.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1046 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1203 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 497 views