LAP BAND...... NO EFFIN WAY!!!

ginany
on 10/7/11 5:59 am - brooklyn, NY
DS on 04/23/12
So I saw Dr Roslin today and he said my only option may be a Lap or should I say Crap Band. 
I told him I really not happy about that, I want and need a DS.  It may be to risky.  I totally trust him.  but Im trying to not give up hope yet.  I still have to get a Cat Scan and Endoscopy. Got a headache from all this.  Let down again.
Gina    

RNY 1/26/06 
SW 345
Revised to DS 4/23/12
SW 268

Yehuda G.
on 10/7/11 6:12 am
I assume this may have to do with your micropouch issue. Please do not get a band. I would highly suggest that you consult with Dr. Ara Keshishian to get a second opinion. He has much more experience with doing the most complicated revisions. www.dssurgery.com/
Elizabeth N.
on 10/7/11 6:34 am - Burlington County, NJ
I'm sorry you're getting such worrisome feedback. This is by no means the last word, though. Hang in there.

Remember, too, that there are a few other surgeons who could give their opinions. Dr. Keshishian, in particular, reviews cases via distance rather regularly.

airbender
on 10/7/11 6:59 am
I am sure that Dr Keshashian or Dr Rabkin could revise you, they are known to take very difficult and "risky" patients.  Dr K is incredible, and he would give you a telephone consultation, he is a very caring man.   I would suggest not having a BOB.........your quality of life would be awful....Dr Roslin only said that because what he feels he is comfortable to do as he is a VSG, DS primary surgeon.....please seek alternate surgical options. 
teachmid
on 10/7/11 7:24 am - OKC, OK
Please give Dr. Keshishian a call.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Toy T.
on 10/7/11 7:32 am
DS on 02/22/12
I think I remember asking you about this but is this because you had the mini bypass? Did he not like what he saw but wait you are saying you still have a endo so what is he basing this decision on?
ginany
on 10/7/11 10:42 am - brooklyn, NY
DS on 04/23/12
Yes you all are correct.  It is because of my micropouch.  He sent me for a Upper GI and called me 2 weeks ago  and said we can go ahead with the revision to come in and see him again .  He thought I wanted the band.He said I had plenty of pouch.  Now it has to do with my intenstines.  So he is sending me for the Cat scan including pelvis and an endoscopy   with biopsy.  I told him I really dont want the band.  He said he is not making any promises,   It might be to dangerous and there is a 2% mortality rate..  I spoke to  Dr K after my first visit with Roslin and he said he dont see why it cant be done.  Dr Rabkin never returned my call.  I really dont have the means to travel to CA.  I would do it in a heartbeat if I could.  When he saw me the first time he said no before reading any of my reports and the upper GI because the report from Dr Sapala said I had a true micropouch.  Well after the UGI my pouch shows it is really not as high and as small as it is supposed to be.  So with that being said, I am hoping after the other 2 tests they also do not match up with the operative report. 
Gina    

RNY 1/26/06 
SW 345
Revised to DS 4/23/12
SW 268

larra
on 10/7/11 10:48 am - bay area, CA
Don't give up yet! You've already dodged one big bullet when it turned out your pouch wasn't as small or high as he thought it would be. Keep dodging!
     And while I hate to recommend it to anyone, there is still the option of ERNY if for some reason he can't do DS...though why there would be a problem with the intestinal part of it after a proximal RNY, I don't understand. I suspect he doesn't want to be definite until he's confident that he can do your DS. Let's hope so, anyway.

Larra
ginany
on 10/7/11 11:04 am - brooklyn, NY
DS on 04/23/12
How does everyone feel about the sleeve?Im not that familiar with it.  Is it better that the band or ERNY.  Im not familiar with the ERNY either.
Gina    

RNY 1/26/06 
SW 345
Revised to DS 4/23/12
SW 268

Yehuda G.
on 10/7/11 1:02 pm
The sleeve is the restrictive part of the ds.

erny vs ds www.dssurgery.com/newsletters/duodenal-switch-and-distal-gas tric-bypass.php
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 774 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1061 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 351 views