Are there any other (current or past) heavyweights out there?

provolisa
on 11/13/11 11:12 am - Provo, UT

My current BMI is 63, I am at 395 lbs and 5'6." My highest weight was exactly 100 lbs higher, at 495. I lost that 100 lbs the old fashioned way, but I am Soooo ready for some help.

I am just wondering if there are others on here who are or used to be this heavy. Sometimes I feel like a bit of a freak of nature when I read a lot of posts from people who had 100 or so lbs to lose, instead of well over 200. If you are out there, I would like to network with you. Be friends, and such.

Here is a photo of me when I weighed 50 more lbs. (50 less than my highest weight) This is actually the first photo that got through my denial that I had better DO something, although I gained that other 50 before I managed to do anything about it. There are no photos of me at my highest weight.

My avatar photo is me about 20 lbs less than I am now. Needless to say, I don't sit for a lot of photos these days, LOL. I will get a lot of "before" photos before my surgery, however.

Lisa

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_photo_gallery_enlarge.asp? id=688253

Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

Elizabeth N.
on 11/13/11 11:15 am - Burlington County, NJ
Have you read my profile yet?

provolisa
on 11/13/11 11:25 am - Provo, UT
Hi Elizabeth - I will have to sit down and read all of your blogs. The profile does not give me a snapshot on how far you have come, unless I am missing it. I will get a lot of it done before I go to bed tonight :-)

Lisa

Elizabeth N.
on 11/13/11 11:27 am - Burlington County, NJ
So look at the pictures.

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/11 12:46 pm - MN
DS on 03/13/12
Wow EN I just finished reading all that is in your blog what a journey you have taken.  Inspiring to say the least.
Elizabeth N.
on 11/13/11 1:09 pm - Burlington County, NJ

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/11 11:16 am - MN
DS on 03/13/12
Oh I feel ya I am currently sitting at 470 and cant wait till I can get the help of the DS to get my weight moving down. Its hard to believe anything will work for me since I am so big but hell something has to and from what all the wonderful vets have to say I know this will. Now if I can just wait till march for my surgery and all will be well.
provolisa
on 11/13/11 11:27 am - Provo, UT
Hi Stella -

Thanks for coming forward. March will come sooner than you think! First there will be all of the Holiday Rush, and then the New Year, and then it will be here!

Pleased to meet you,
Lisa

provolisa
on 11/13/11 11:18 am - Provo, UT
NoMore B.
on 11/13/11 11:24 am
 Lisa,

I remember making a similar post when I was new.  I asked if the DS made everyone beautiful because all the post ops looked so good to me.  You're seeing people at all stages of their surgery - some new, some at goal, some below goal, and others well on their way.  The majority of people in their avatar picture have already had surgery.

I started with about 145 pounds to lose, but I can name off the top of my head just thinking quickly at least 10 or more people that I can say started at your size, or larger.  There are a lot more than that, too - those are just the ones that are coming immediately to my mind.

-Joanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 604 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 972 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 330 views