What's for dinner/what's cooking for coming week - Sunday

yorkieGal
on 11/19/11 10:58 pm - Clermont, FL
HI Guys,
We're going to a friends house for chilli tonight....I am making a chicken enchilada soup for lunch that I can munch on all week. I bought one of those gourmet soup mixes and I am adding a ton more Velveeta and shredded chicken that I cooked in the crock pot with some rotel.
Should be yummy!

What are you all having or cooking for the coming week??

yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

teachmid
on 11/19/11 11:33 pm - OKC, OK
My turn to cook for the family dinner tonight and I'm fixing chicken and dumplings .....requested by DD and grandson.

just finished boiling eggs for devled eggs and egg salad. Who knows what we'll have for dinner.

I have a 21# turkey starting to thaw for Thursday. DD has plans for the leftovers.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/11 11:51 pm
dustydeer
on 11/20/11 1:37 am
Today I am just cooking up some tilapia before heading out to grocery shop. We are doing Thanksgiving dinner as a joint venture at the MIL's house. I am in charge of turkey, dressing, gravy and perhaps the pumpkin pie.
I always end up cooking a crapload of stuff that I want and they don't eat...family history on that side of picky eaters..grrrr. So this year, they are in charge of sides, appetizers, and the rest of desserts. I also am not making fresh yeast rolls because that's a pain in my rump I don't feel like dealing with. I am also buying ...gasp...gravy mix, because I don't think they cared much for fresh..they kept wondering why I would use fat from the turkey to make the gravy....it's as though they have no idea what it's made from.

Doesn't it sound like I am looking forward to this? haha. Holidays are apparently going to be much different without my Dad. I just really could care less this time around.

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude

raven81
on 11/20/11 3:48 am - Bloomington, IL
I have a pork roast in my slow cooker right now.  YUM YUM!

My oldest son asked for tacos so ground turkey tacos tomorrow night.

Not sure about Tues.

Wed. is dinner at my boyfriends sisters house (1st time meeting her YIKES)

Thurs. is dinner with my boyfriends family.

And my ex has the kids this weekend so I didn't really plan out the rest of the weeks food.  My boyfriend and I tend to be a little lazy when the kids aren't home!  But tomorrow makes 6 months together so maybe we should do something special!
www.geekmomblog.com -My Mom blog were I talk about my journey through weight loss & weight loss surgery, my kids, cupcakes, Star Wars & pretty much everything!         
yorkieGal
on 11/20/11 4:17 am - Clermont, FL

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving this year...as most of you know, the last 2 years since my husband passed suddenly have been pretty hard.

This year Bf and I are going to some English friends for Thanksgiving. They are cooking for about 20, and I'm the only other Brit...it sounds like alot of fun. I am in charge of one of the desserts and I'm making ginger pumpkin cheesecake and the fresh home made cranberry sauce.
I love this stuff, my recipe has orange juice and cointreau in it!! Hic hic lol

on Friday we are starting the decorations and having a day for just the 2 of us....lots of munchies and appetiser type foods
on Saturday we are cooking dinner for friends, pork loin with fig and vidalia onion sauce, roasted new potatoes, garlic bacon green beans and trifle for dessert (its a british thing lol)

I hope all the cooks on our thread have a happy, enjoyable and yummy holiday!!

I definitely count you all as something to be Thankful for this and every year!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

BBoop
on 11/20/11 4:21 am
You all probably already know about this but I just discovered it.

I made a frittata out of left over pizza toppings.  I had two pieces of pizza in the frig...so I scooped off the toppings (I don't eat the crust), whipped up two eggs with heavy cream, added some cream cheese with artichoke/spinish popped them in the oven and wa-la I had a pizza or Italian frittata...it was delish.

Right now I'm using left over meatloaf...asparagus, sliced tomatoes, Parmesean cheese, some cream cheese with artichokes and spinish plus a little cheddar/monterray jack cheese.  We shall see how this one turns out.  Of course I added eggs and cream.

I just cook them in a little skillet lined with butter flavored spray...it is really good.  There's only me and sometimes I just can't eat all the crap I cook before it will go bad.  Yes, I freeze it but I usually find it and wonder what the hell is that in my freezer.  So I'm experimenting on things to do with leftovers.  I love eggs so why not try a frittata?

I saw a recipe for coddled eggs and I may try that too.

J G.
on 11/20/11 5:10 am

Hey Boop, I'm wondering what to use instead of bread crumbs in meatloaf.  I'm extremely gluten intolerant.  No bread can pass by these lips.  LOL

BBoop
on 11/20/11 7:35 am
I use parmesean cheese..it seems to work for me.  I use a double pan that has holes in the top part and a regular pan beneath to catch the drips.  I also use a pretty high meat count to fat ratio...more protein.  I use about the same amount of parm as I would bread crumbs...maybe two tablespoons, maybe a little more, maybe a little less.  There will be a white looking residue in the pan...that's the cheese, I just scrape it off before serving.  I use the low sugar ketchup, too.

I also use the grated cheese for salmon patties, too.  It really helps hold it together.  I just use the parmesean from the green shaker jar you can get at the grocery.  Of course I use an egg in meatloaf and the salmon patties. 

Hope that helps.
yorkieGal
on 11/20/11 4:28 am - Clermont, FL

Hey Hon,
try baking your mixture in muffin tins, they come out great and are good for munching in the car!! I make these for bf and me and he eats them in the truck with his morning coffee. They freeze pretty good like this too

Yorkie xx

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 838 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1093 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 368 views