I had my pre-surgical visit today, got some info!

beth-28
on 11/22/11 12:50 pm
I saw my surgeon today, and got to ask him some questions. He said that the average stay was about 3 days. The length of my common channel will be 100 cm, my stomach will be 100-150 cc. He said he does not routinely remove the appendix (my gallbladder is already gone), and I should not need a j-tube or nasogastric tube.

I spoke with him at length about stomach binders, post-op nausea, and thrush. He gave me scripts for liquid Lortab, Omeprazole (Prilosec), and Phenergan suppositories (Yipe)!

I got labs drawn, blood typed and crossed, and spoke with the anesthiologist's PA at the hospital today also. They gave me a new piece of jewelry......a blood bank band that I can't take off until after surgery. I also got a special antibiotic body wash for the morning of surgery. I can only say that I seriously lucked out....no "go-lightly", thank goodness!! I guess I'm almost ready. I have a few things to get to have here at the house, but the 28th can't get here quick enough. I even joked with the doctor that if he had an opening tomorrow to call me!
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

MajorMom
on 11/22/11 6:08 pm - VA
Sounds good, Beth. Almost there!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 11/22/11 8:26 pm - OKC, OK
Big breath.....it's almost your day.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Julie R.
on 11/23/11 7:43 pm - Ludington, MI
 Keep your eye on the prize...you're almost there.
Good luck!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1051 views
calcium/protein