2nd Surgiversary

nursevil
on 11/27/11 12:31 pm - Tuttle, OK
November 30th is my second surgiversary and I am doing well.  I am down 206 lbs. and am feeling great.  I put on some of my old clothes the other day for grins and giggles and looked like a clown in over-sized pants.   It really felt good.

The only problem that I still have to this day is that there are times I still feel huge even though I am not.  I can wear large to extra large(depending on who makes the clothes) yet sometimes I still feel fat.  I know it is psychological having talked to many friends that had the DS also but sometimes I can't help it.  My sister in law said she didn't feel like she was thin until she got her tummy tuck done.

Regrets, I've had a few but none regarding the DS.  It saved my life and I wouldn't change a thing.

Cheers.
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch. Robert A. Heinlein
HW:453, BMI 63, SW:452, BMI 63 GW:200, BMI 27.9

provolisa
on 11/27/11 2:57 pm - Provo, UT
Nursevil,

I am so happy that you have no regrets over your DS, and also that you have lost over 200 lbs.

That's a lot of weight; and to have lost it so fast, I am not surprised that it is hard for your self-image to keep up! I bet you will catch up with yourself before you know it, after squeezing into little spaces a few more times and other such miracles. What a wonderful problem, compared to the life-threatening problems you must have faced before!

I wish you the best!

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/11 10:33 pm
Great job!!

If I remember correctly, you had some problems early out?

I am glad to hear from you and very happy that you are doing well!

Michele
scoob
on 11/27/11 10:38 pm - Somerset, KY
So glad that you are doing well! 200+lbs is AMAZING!! Congrats! Way to ROCK it!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

galla1
on 11/27/11 11:19 pm
Great Work.. Thanks for sharing :)

SW 314-- CW 170-- GW 155   HT 5'7"  I love my DS !!
fullhousemom
on 11/28/11 1:40 am, edited 11/28/11 1:42 am
What an amazing journey you have had the last two years!  Congratulations on your great results!  

The least amount that I ever remember weighing in the last 20 years, was 159. AND I was exercising and in great shape. I lost weight with weigh****chers and had started at a little over 200 pounds.  I had my DS about 7 weeks ago and started at 250. Now, I am 40 pounds down. 

The thing is, I have always felt "skinny" while I was losing weight. There is that feeling in your stomach or when you put your hand on your hip and it startles you because you feel different!  Your hip is smaller!  

I didnt feel skinny when I was wearing a size 10!  I feel skinnier today at 210 than I did back then....because I'm losing weight.

Maybe that is why so many naturally thin girls/woman will say they are so fat. Because they really do feel that way?

This reminds me to put that "skinny" adjective in the garbage and to focus on how I feel and how much better I look.    Keep reminding yourself of how far you have come and what you have accomplished!
Fade2Pink
on 11/28/11 7:16 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Wow, 2 years went by fast, didn't it?  I remember when you were about to go in to surgery.  I am glad things are going well and congrats on those 206 pounds!  That is amazing.  Just think, you were basically carrying aroudn the equivelent of another grown man with you.  Your heart, knees, back, etc must be loving you for shedding those pounds.  

The self image thing is a tough one, many of us have had that (if not all).  I agree the change is so fast that it's impossible to really take it in, process it and figure it out as it's happening.  It's interesting that men have the same issues as women in this arena.  NOt surprising, just interesting.

Duodenal Switch 4/29/09
Loving my DS!!

J G.
on 11/28/11 3:45 pm
I'm so glad the DS saved your life.  Mine too.  Isn't that amazing?  And wow 206 lbs is great.  That's another whole guy!  I'm about 10 lbs or so from my goal, but somedays I still feel fat.  Or maybe its just some parts of me.  Oh well, I think I see those parts far more than other people.

Keep up the good work!  -Jenny
Blank Out
on 11/28/11 10:22 pm
 Congrats to you!!!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1020 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1187 views
Need help for my mom