What's for dinner tonight - Friday?

yorkieGal
on 12/1/11 10:33 pm - Clermont, FL
Hey Guys, I am currently eating chicken and mushroom casserole for breakfast at 9.30 - gotta love the DS!lol

Tonight we're having chicken breasts soaked overnight in italian dressing then split open to form little pockets and stuffed with Boursin (publix had it BOGO) and then bacon wrapped around and baked with a little melted butter and parm on it at 350 for about 20-30mins (will have to check chicken as we go along to stop it over cooking)

Love ya

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Alusien
on 12/1/11 11:20 pm - Waxahachie, TX
I'm eating a piece of roast chicken thigh for breakfast.

Tonight it's battered fish and mustard greens! (And some carrots for the kids.)  I had a hard time at first making tilapia edible.  Normally I buy salmon, but a while back I got a HUGE bag of individually wrapped tilapia fillets on the cheap.  This was before I realized how tastless and blarghy it was.

Melt 1-2 TB buter in an iron skillet or cookie sheet.  Less for smaller pan, more for larger sheet. You want a thin glaze of butter on the bottom of the pan.

Rinse and dry each fillet. Brush both sides with a light olive oil or dredge through an egg. (I do either depending on what's available.)  Press moist fillet into breading mix.  Place in iron skillet/sheet and add a tidge more butter.

Bake at like.. 350ish until slightly brown and the fish flakes easily.

Breading
50/50 mix potato flakes & parm
hefty shake of garlic powder
I go heavy on black pepper
very very little salt

I cook the carrots the way Grandma does it, with a sprinkle of sugar and lots of butter after you drain them. I only eat a bite of those, though. 

T H.
on 12/1/11 11:53 pm - Bryantown, MD
I might just have to make that meatloaf that is posted one post down.  Printed it out  and since i have no other plans and now my mouth is watering for it.. well..  :)
The only place were success comes before work is in the dictionary

April M.
on 12/2/11 1:12 am - MI
Easy Friday night... leftover roasted chicken from last night, plus a few bites leftover brown rice and some edamame I steamed with a little kosher salt yesterday.

An unusual occurrence in our house...  a night where all 3 of us eat the same thing! Of course, I'll eat dark meat, Hubs will eat the white meat, the baby will have a drumstick (so much fun!); and to top off the differences, I must add soy sauce and kim chi to my rice and roll it up in a couple mini sheets of nori. Yum!

Yorkie, your dinner sounds amazing... I may have to steal this recipe!

~April~                                             5'7" 
       2 Part DS                   BMI: S/C/G    59.3/33.5/24.9   

Part 1: 3/14/11                HW/SW#1/SW#2/CW/GW      
    Part 2: 7/14/11                  
379/366/319/214/

ModestoK
on 12/2/11 3:01 am
Yorkie-
   You just made me drool all over my keyboard.  OMG that sounds amazing.  This is going onto my weekend cooking rotation plan.  (along with BBQ pork thanks to Valerie and Thai chicken curry.)

Although I'd love to have what your having, I'm going to be bringing a pizza over to some friend's place for dinner.  So I'll be having meaty combo pizza without the crusts and perhaps a few bites of salad.

So, anybody have a good low carb gingerbread recipe?  I'm supposed to be doing the holiday cookie party with friends this weekend and wanted at least one cookie I can nosh on.   I'd love any suggestions that have been tried before scouring the InterWebs for possibilities.

Have a great Friday, eveyone.
                                      ~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

T H.
on 12/2/11 6:43 am - Bryantown, MD
Maybe you can modify the flourless peanut butter cookie recipe somehow to make it gingergbreadish? 

Or do Jillys's cheesecake cupcakes? Put them in some pretty holiday cupcake wrappers ((though the foil ones work best for me)  and decorate them somehow?  You could use some food coloring for the filling.  You might even find some SF sprinkles somewhere..

I THINK this is the recipe.  Feel free to correct me. 

Cream Cheese Cupcakes Cupcake:
3 - 8 oz. packages of cream cheese
1 cup of Splenda
5 eggs
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla

Filling:
8 oz Sour Cream
2 TBSP Splenda
1/4 tsp Vanilla

Bring cream cheese to room temperature. Place cream cheese in a bowl, and add one egg at a time, beating with a hand mixer. Slowly add the Splenda and vanilla. (The batter will be thin.)

Pour into paper cupcake liners. (Makes approx. 12 very full cupcakes.) Bake in a 300 degree oven for 30 - 35 minutes ****il large cracks appear on the top). Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.

Combine filling ingredients and add a tsp on top of each cupcake and return to the oven for 5 minutes.

Cool and then keep refrigerated.
The only place were success comes before work is in the dictionary

ModestoK
on 12/2/11 6:59 am
Thanks for the suggestions.
I see cheesecake cupcakes in my future!  Yum!

Kim
Blank Out
on 12/2/11 4:36 am
 YUMMY!!!  Thanks for the recipe!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/11 10:18 am
Katie K.
on 12/2/11 10:34 am - Grand Haven, MI
well.......

Pig Candy
and... Bacon wrapped cream cheese stuffed bacon..

oh... and coconut shrimp.. forgot about that
"Nobody will fault you for trying" - My mother
Seminar: 1/8/2011. Initial Appt: 1/27/2011. Behaviorist: 1/31.2011. Surgeon 1/31/2011
Sleep Study: 2/7/2011.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1014 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1185 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 476 views