How am I doing, and what could I be doing better/different?

beth-28
on 12/7/11 8:31 am
So I am about 10 days out, 5 days since I came home. I had been having problems sleeping, but my PCP prescribed some Ambien and my surgeon said I could start back on my percocet. I slept nearly all day today......guess I needed to catch up!

The pain in the incision where they removed my stomach remnant still hurts bad...especially when I freakin' sneeze. I try to support it when I know a sneeze is coming, but you can't catch them all.

I still can't sleep in my bed. My stomach swelling is decreasing, but it's still not comfortable to lay on my side, and the belly is too heavy to lay on my back, so I'm trapped in this stupid recliner.

I can drink about 30 ounces of water a day (I think that will improve as the swelling subsides). I eat about 3-4 times a day, and can get about 20 ounces of protein shake a day.

I walk in the house alot, checking on my babies (ferrets, rabbits, dogs, guinea pigs) and try to pet them but I can't bend over well nor kneel down to the floor to get to their level.

I use my IS, and have gotten back up to the pre-op levels.

So, what am I doing wrong...what can I change?

I have the VitaLady starter DS vite package but I haven't started them yet. I don't think I would have room for water or anything else if I tried to right now. When should I start probiotics?

Thanks! 
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

MajorMom
on 12/7/11 8:42 am - VA
Sounds like you're taking things nice and slow. Good job. Keep pushing for more fluids. If plain water is a problem try adding some fresh lime or lemon juice and sweeten with Splenda. It will start getting better and easier soon.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

MajorMom
on 12/7/11 8:52 am - VA
Sounds like you're taking things nice and slow. Good job. Keep pushing for more fluids. If plain water is a problem try adding some fresh lime or lemon juice and sweeten with Splenda. It will start getting better and easier soon.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

HeatherLynn
on 12/7/11 9:28 am - TX
 Sounds to me like you are right on track. That side pain is a booger, that's for sure. Sneezing is the one that surprised me too. Even splint, it hurt like no one's business! 

It took me over two weeks to be able to lie flat, and sometimes it's still not comfy. I can sort of sleep on my right side, but absolutely not on my left. I prefer the recliner.

I think you're doing great. Work hard to get those fluids in. I made myself drink a sip every minute for an hour each morning, afternoon, and night. I mean, I was just vegging out anyway, might as well watch the clock. Then I drank sips all throughout the day. I got my fluid in most days. It really does help to make you feel better. 

I was told to wait on my vites, and I am not sure that is the right answer. For me, it was the right answer. I started on the basics at 2 weeks out, and now at 3 weeks out I am on almost all of them. 

My angel is RagamuffinB, and she rocks! 
momx4
on 12/7/11 10:13 am - TX
hey there Beth.....you sound like I did....i was 3.5 weeks before I could lay in my bed which was just 3 to 4 nites ago and I will say that sometime during the nite I still wake with a stinging on my right side.....but once I get up it goes away.....so I was a slave to the recliner also!!!   Hang in there it sounds like you got everything else covered!!
Kristi                
beth-28
on 12/7/11 3:20 pm
I hate that recliner! It feels like I'm in a box or restrained or something. I mean, all I have are king-sized comforters, so half of it drags on the floor and trying to keep the other half on me just decreases the space in the recliner.

I want to sleep in my big, cool bed!

Kingy
on 12/7/11 10:17 am - Hobart, Australia
You're doing great. As far as your probiotic goes the sooner you start the better I think. I take mine as a mini yoghurt drink which also helps with the fluids.
Elizabeth N.
on 12/7/11 12:15 pm - Burlington County, NJ
You sound perfectly normal to me. Keep pushing the fluids and don't worry about swallowing any pills.

beth-28
on 12/7/11 3:24 pm
Thanks Elizabeth! I was hoping you'd comment. 

happydsr
on 12/7/11 2:20 pm
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1051 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1214 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 504 views