Dimple?

beth-28
on 12/11/11 6:04 am
Ok, I have to ask... the incision that they remove the stomach from....mine is "indented". I mean, I can look down on my fluffy belly and see it dimpled compared to the other side.

Is this an adhesion? None of my other incisions are indented like that. Anyone else have a dimple?
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

pktwatch
on 12/11/11 6:22 am
No dimple here......
(deactivated member)
on 12/11/11 8:54 am - Reeseville, WI
I have the exact same thing.  Don't know what it's from.  It really does bother me though.  After all my stomach is bad enough anyway.
Its a Secret
on 12/11/11 9:08 am
MIght be that the trocar was placed right at the spot where the bands of muscle intersect (look up a pic of the muscle anatomy).  Don't know but it's a thought....  I think adhesions are inside, aren't they?

NoreenRT
on 12/11/11 9:08 am - Warner Robins, GA
don't know if it's an adhesion.  i had several "dimpled" areas from incisions. after about 12 - 18 months things kinda filled in.  my tummy is now a little fluffy, wrinkly, and saggy, but it doesn't bother me.
now,if i could only get rid of my mega bat wings...........

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

sandyv63
on 12/11/11 10:09 am - Naples, FL
Do you mean the 3 in*****ision under your belly button? Mine is a bit concave. I consider it an early start to a flat tummy, hehehe.
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
beth-28
on 12/11/11 10:41 am
Not the one under the bellybutton. It the one on the left side where they pulled the stomach out through. None of the other incisions are like that.

I almost think it's an adhesion of some sort because it has a pulling feeling...like it's attached to something. I have a follow-up appointment on Tuesday. I'll have to ask him then.
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

honeybadger 11
on 12/11/11 10:26 am - FL
Its normal. I dont know exactly what happens but its something to do with the healing. Ive see it talked about on here before. It happened to 2 of my incision sites after lapband and they popped back out and i  I have one now like you, where the stomach came out:) No worries just as long as its healing well. 

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/11 1:14 pm
Where they pulled my stomach out when I had my sleeve is a huge dimple...the incision is in my belly button!  lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 975 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1168 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 432 views