WOW ! Two years !!!!

pycca
on 12/9/11 12:35 pm, edited 12/9/11 12:41 pm - Haslet, TX
It is hard to believe it has been two years since  my    D S !!

I am so glad I found the true way to live !!!

Because of the previous crap band,,, I have not lost as fast  as the many "virgin" DS  folks,but by golly the weight t still left!!! YEAH !!

I am stronger, healthier, and happier for doing this,

I do my vitamins, drink my fluids and  get lots of protein,  keep  my butter, whipping cream on hand and  and then run around like  the devil  is chasing me all the time,,, never seem to stay still very long at all,,,, if I do it is because I am sleeping ! LOL  I have sooo   much energy .

the down,... I stay away from white breads and pasta,, will do whole grain once in a while,, if feel the need.

Most of the time I keep cheese and nibble-ts of meat around, eat or snack about every two hours,  Then there are days it is  just not an eating day,, so I will drink my protein, Thank god for Starbucks SF Vanilla latte with two scoops of  protein !! LOL

For me , being as I am approaching my 60's it has not been about the size 4 to6 clothes but the
shedding of the huge amount of weight..

I am in a nice 12 now and feel great,  coming from where I was at 315  to now 148,,, I am good !!!

I had to learn the hard way and believe all the gibberish  about the lap band,, learned my lesson,, I beat myself up alot as I am a nurse and  should have known better  listen  to the hype of the wls docs instead of researching years ago,,,

DO YOUR RESEARCH ABOUT WHAT SURGERY YOU CHOOSE !!!  then FIND the doctor that does it !!!

I was talked into the band,,, ended up with huge mass in the stomach that  grew up thru the esophagus,, loosing part of it and  more of the  stomach than I should have because my body tried to get rid of the "nasty thing in my body " !!

SO beware,,choose one of the other surgeries,,  but of course I am thank full I chose the DS....

Now the beginning and the present !!!

calendargirl
on 12/9/11 1:19 pm - Land of Oz, KS
DS on 04/20/12

You look Mahvelous, Dahling!

Great job!

C-Girl

Starting Stats: Ht: 5' 0" HW: 242 ~ SW: 229.9 ~ CW: 117 ~ Goal: 124.9 ("normal" BMI)
% EWL @ 03 months: 36%             % EWL
 @ 09 months: 80%
% EWL @ 06 months: 63%             % EWL @ 12 months + 2 weeks: 100%

pycca
on 12/10/11 2:09 pm - Haslet, TX
Thank you !! it has been a trip!! lol
provolisa
on 12/9/11 1:32 pm - Provo, UT
Congratulations! You have certainly worked it!

~Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

Loretta W.
on 12/9/11 1:52 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Happy Surgiversary!!

pycca
on 12/10/11 2:10 pm - Haslet, TX
Thank you for being one of the one's I  learned from !!!!
NoreenRT
on 12/9/11 8:19 pm - Warner Robins, GA
wonderful post. thx for paying it forward.  you look so healthy and beautiful.  happy suriversary. 

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

pycca
on 12/10/11 2:12 pm - Haslet, TX
Thanks Noreen !  Better to do all our hospital jobs now !! LOL

Jennifer D.
on 12/9/11 8:39 pm
w0w, two years already - crazy!! You have rocked your DS, no one would guess your age and you are at a perfect weight. Congrats on your success!!
pycca
on 12/10/11 2:14 pm - Haslet, TX
Thanks Jennifer,,  Some may think it is not the perfect weight, but for me it "feels" roght ! LOL

Honey If Ican look better formy age  WHOO HOOO !!! LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 844 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1097 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 368 views