How Often do you feel the need to Eat

Sunshine16
on 1/7/12 1:37 am
Happy New Year My fellow DSers,

I find myself wanting to eat or snack on something every two hours.  This is fairly often even before I got the surgery.  I wanted to get a consensus to how often do you feel or do you actually find yourself eating?  I guess I was wondering if this is a normal behavior pattern for a DSer, and if it is, I guess it’s not bad but it all depends on what you are eating or snacking on. 

Sincerely, Sunshine

Tina.D
on 1/7/12 2:09 am - TX
Most days I find myself nibbling every hour or so, even if it is just a piece of deli meat or cheese or a bite of some something.

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/12 2:14 am
I eat ALL. DAY. LONG.

Just make sure it is a protein based food.

(I do have days where nothing sounds good and I don't eat much also.)
MajorMom
on 1/7/12 2:27 am - VA
Grazer, right here. I eat all the time too.
:)

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

J J the Jet Plane
on 1/7/12 2:50 am
never, I have to force myself and set a timer. Hopefully it will change for me soon.
I would eat maybe once a day if I waited til I was hungry.

I know many DSers who get up in the middle of the night to eat a little something.
I think you are normal
JJ
Sunshine16
on 1/7/12 2:58 am
I can count my blessings that I do not wake up in the middle of the night, only when I drink alcohol my sleep gets interrupted. But other than that, I’m knocked out for the count….which I love however sometimes concerned that I’m in such a deep sleep.
mrsannie
on 1/7/12 10:18 pm
This is probably because you are still a newbie and your body is reacting to the lack of hormone producing area that was removed along with your tummy.  This was my experience too, however it WILL change!  :)

I eat all the time now!  And as lonf as I keep it protein based I am OK.

Good luck

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
YeahItsCase
on 1/7/12 3:39 am
I am only a month out but I am literally hungry every 2 or 2.5 hours.

-Amanda-
on 1/7/12 8:56 am
Me too, had my ds on 12/12/11 and i get pain about every two hours, it kinda bothers me.
 How much weight have you lost?
Sunshine16
on 1/7/12 12:41 pm
Amanda,  Unfortunately because of stress of unemployment, and relationship problems I eat so much I have not reached my goal.   As of last month, I have reached my 18 month period.  They say, after that the weight is hard to lose.  I would love to lose 10-20 pounds more.  Not sure how I can accomplished that goal at this point. 192 and now I'am 175, before the holiday, I was 172.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 975 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1168 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 434 views