Trying hard to beat the two week freak

merrymorris
on 4/13/12 6:07 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Oh my gosh. SO much is changing in my life besides the life changing surgery I am about to have in less than two weeks. I know it is normal to freak out a bit but it just hit me in a wave of anxiety. I might cry or barf or hyperventilate. I just want to get under my big fluffy blanket and hide for awhile. I can't even figure out what is bothering me.
MajorMom
on 4/13/12 8:42 am - VA
Do what you gotta do. Try to stay busy. If it gets too bad, you wouldn't be the first to ask a doc for anti-anxiety meds to help you through.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

merrymorris
on 4/13/12 8:55 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Lol. Yeah, I have a xanax left  over from when I was freaking out about the Arterial Blood Gas...it's looking pretty good right about now.
teachmid
on 4/13/12 10:06 am - OKC, OK
Big breathe and stay busy!!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Emily F.
on 4/13/12 10:55 am
Stay busy, drink lots of water!
AundreaSmith
on 4/14/12 10:38 am - Caledonia, MI
DS on 03/12/12
Hang in there...it's competely normal.  As the others say, stay busy...it will take your mind off.  I emersed myself in housework, my house was spotless the day I had surgery!  LOL

HW: 404/ SW: 380/  GW: 155

merrymorris
on 4/15/12 12:46 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Thanks, guys. I took the xanax and slept for a good 12 hours and woke up much less stressed. I am a massage therapist and taught it for 4 years. One reason I am stressed is because I literally just ended that job on Friday. I still work at the chiropractor three days a week but I think that big change is added stress. I am taking deep breaths and trying to care for myself in non food ways. IE bubble baths, gardening, swimming. Things I enjoy. I know it is normal to freak out about the surgery but I know it is the right thing to do. Thanks for the support!!!

buffalobillsfan
on 4/15/12 2:33 am - CA
I was so nervous that I couldn't think straight.  It was hard to read posts even.  I spent my two weeks going thru the OH before and after pictures.  It calmed me a lot to know that all of those people had braved the surgery before me.  I saw how happy they looked in their after shots also.  I also went on a fantasy shopping trip (in my head only) for outfits I would wear when I lost weight.  I chose items that were completely different than the fat clothes I wore my whole life.

Lastly I got everything ready for post op life.  Vites, schedules, recliner, notepad, packed for hospital, caught up on paperwork at home, cleaned the house, blew up balloons to help with post surgery breathing, walked, etc.  Lots to do to keep your mind off the actual surgery itself. 

Good luck! 

Cheers,
Cathy

stromgardgirl
on 4/15/12 10:28 am
 I'm right there with you. My surgery is the 25th. I have found that I have to keep busy doing something. I've even had a couple of nights of weird dreams. 

merrymorris
on 4/16/12 2:44 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Thanks for making me feel normal, everyone!! Prayers for those who are going in around the same time as me!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 975 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1168 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 432 views