What would you say are must haves for recovery?

zix
on 4/20/12 1:10 am - PA
DS on 02/13/12
Are you asking about things to have with you in the hospital, or after you get home? or both?
merrymorris
on 4/20/12 4:23 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Both!!
zix
on 4/20/12 7:45 am - PA
DS on 02/13/12
   The only things I used in the hospital were my brush, toothbrush, toothpaste, lotion, chapstick and cell phone. I brought other stuff but never used it. 

At home I had the early foods on hand, i.e. broth, sugar free jello, cottage cheese, creamy soups including tomato bisque, greek yogurt and protein shake powder.  I also slept on the recliner for the first few nights and while I didn't have a body pillow per se, I did use a large king size pillow to keep me propped on my side as I'm normally a stomach sleeper. 
Crazeru
on 4/20/12 5:09 am
Hospital - took back scratcher, fan, my own pillow, chapstick, slippers.  Didn't need anything else.

Home - stuff close by, soft foods, slept in my love seat for 2 nights before moving into my waterbed (lots of pillow).

Before surgery - get some balloons and start blowing them up several times a day.  Wash with Dial antibacterial soap for a week before.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

bigben
on 4/20/12 11:05 am - durham, NC
DS on 01/27/12
 Walking decreased my recory time drastically.  First slow walks to the bathroom, then easy walks around the house on the porch or in the yard, then walking at the park taking a break on each bench, and on and on and on...
PlumFaerie
on 4/20/12 12:59 pm
awesome conversations with a nurse named ramy at abington lol.
rebecca W.
on 4/20/12 2:40 pm - KY
The more I got up and moved the better I got, remember to take sips of water while walking,it will help a lot.. Its gonna be a wild ride,each day it will get better I promice. If you can sleep on your side,getting up and down is easier. love the body pillow.  GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 974 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1167 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 430 views