What if it doesn't work?

merrymorris
on 4/22/12 10:48 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
What if I am the only person in the world that doesn't lose weight with the DS. What if I can't stick to the diet? What if I completely fail? What if I am making a huge mistake? Yhese are normal fears right?
teachmid
on 4/22/12 11:01 am - OKC, OK
Totally normaL. I remember feeling and saying the same things before and after surgery.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

momfirst2000
on 4/22/12 11:48 am - livermore, CA
DS on 02/29/12
On April 22, 2012 at 5:48 PM Pacific Time, merrymorris wrote:
What if I am the only person in the world that doesn't lose weight with the DS. What if I can't stick to the diet? What if I completely fail? What if I am making a huge mistake? Yhese are normal fears right?
 First off let me tell you your thinking and feeling is normal... i thought the same thing especially thei frist few days i was home.. and ds is not a diet .. you wont fail you cant fail with this .. to figure out if your making a mistake ask yourself if your healthy and happy now then read about everyone who has gained there life back i am one of them.. Your feelings are completely normal. i am 7 weeks out and still asking if i amdoing things right... 
levittown_loser
on 4/22/12 11:30 pm, edited 4/22/12 11:30 pm - Levittown, PA
Hi I see you are local and don't see any local people on your friends list. We have a VERY large local PA DS group on yahoo & facebook that you should join for support through this process. The best resource for info and knowing you are making the right decision is meeting people in real life who have gone before you and see for yourself how great things are ... and what some challenges some have faced.

We meet up regularly for social events and after the Abington Support Group the DS'rs head out to Chilis for dinner and "real" support as the Abington Support Group is not very DS centric.

If you send me your name I will add you to the private facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/pads.wls/members/

The Yahoo group is not used as much but join anyway because there are great documents in the files section on the DS, vitamin regimes and various nutrition information. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/pa_ds/files/

Tom

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

Sunshine16
on 4/23/12 10:51 pm
Remember thinking that  way as well.  TRUST, it will work, unless....you were created from an alien planet and you are here to visit.....dont worry, TRUST it will work.

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

PlumFaerie
on 4/24/12 2:19 am
well i am your local friend lol. pads is a good fb group just dont get involved with all the drama, personally it was way too much for me so i left it. i made a fantastic friend from it though and we have been each others'[ support and advice and guidance and all. ive also noticed that after a while you are wya more confident in your abilities and much more relaxed about the hwole thing. when i got my six month labs last month and knew iwas doing everything right, it was a world of relief
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 654 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 994 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 337 views