Questions to ask at the Seminar

stephanieplum
on 4/27/12 12:17 am
VSG on 06/27/12
 I will soon be attending a seminar and would like to hear from you what questions I need to ask.  I am trying decide between the DS and the sleeve.  Thanks:)
Nicolle
on 4/27/12 10:22 pm
I am a sucker for Janet Evanovich, so I will answer. There is a good list of questions on dsfacts.com.

But if you are wondering between the sleeve and the DS, you should do some thinking about YOURSELF before you decide. Ask yourself why you are fat...are you a volume eater? Is your metabolism shot or can you still easily diet and exercise and drop to your goal weight? What kind of food do you want to be able to eat after your surgery? Do you use food to soothe you now? How much weight do you have to lose? How long would you like to keep that weight off--a few years or long-term? What would you consider "success" for your WLS?

The answers to these questions easily led me to the DS more than 4 years ago and it has been a great fit for me.

Just be sure you get an opinion by a REAL DS surgeon. Anyone who is unable to do this more complex surgery will end up telling you that it is not a good fit for you. Make sure they have done a fair amount of DSes and ask to speak with some of their patients. A list of vetted DS surgeons can also be found on www.dsfacts.com.

Oh, and do not kid yourself. If you want to be healthy, you will need to take vitamins after a sleeve. Lots of docs tell their patients that and then whammo--they end up deficient.

Good luck!

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

stephanieplum
on 4/27/12 10:30 pm
VSG on 06/27/12
 Thanks so much for the response:). This is a big life changing decision and I want to be well informed.
And, of course...I love Janet Evanovich.
Thanks again...
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 940 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1154 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 408 views