Feel like I am messing up

merrymorris
on 6/16/12 8:27 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Good grief. I feel like I am eating too much. I feel like I am eating constantly . Sure, it's mainly just protein but ,still.Yesterday I had a few bites of pizza and a few sips of pepsi.I I didn't gain today but I didn't lose. I haven't been good about taking my vitamins because like a big baby, I don't like the taste.I am thinking of getting Vitaladys plan but it is really expensive and I'm not working much right now. I feel like I am messing this thing up. Doing the same old stuff that I always do on diets. I feel really mad at myself. Did anyone else feel like they were messing up early out? I am almost 8 weeks out.
MajorMom
on 6/16/12 8:35 am - VA
Hang in there and keep trying. You're trying to set new habits and it takes time. Keep working on your vitamins, you aren't eating a balanced diet now, your malabsorption is working like gang busters, and you really need your vitamins to stay healthy. When you get close to finishing what you have you can start replacing things with Vitalady's capsules. Then you can just dump the contents into yogurt, soup, shakes, SF pudding...every thing but B-Complex, nasty tasting stuff. In the mean time snap the horse pills in half to make them easier to take. :)

--gina 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 6/16/12 9:52 am - OKC, OK
Like Gina says, hang in there. Do the best you can.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

merrymorris
on 6/16/12 9:58 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
I will hang in. It's only been yesterday and today that's bee discouraging but in reality, I'm doing well as far as losing goes. I just am so afraid I am not going to lose weight. I am also afraid that I am am going to get really sick. I am going to keep trying!
Jolly Rancher
on 6/17/12 3:42 am
It sounds like you are more focused on losing than you are your vitamins. You are a little early out to be eating junk, but I was no angel, so won't preach to you. I will, however, say you really  need to get on a good, solid vitamin regimen, such as VL's QUICKLY!!!!!!!!

You should definitely be worried about getting sick, but it won't be overnight.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
bubbles6472
on 6/17/12 8:26 am, edited 6/17/12 8:27 am - Perkasie, PA
 Merry I am sorry you feel this way.  First I don't think you should be weighing yourself everyday.  I never owned a scale and am so glad I don't have one as I like going to the Dr's office and seeing a large amount off.  But that is just me I think.  But having a scale at home use it once a week.   Thats what I have heard anyway, makes for a better chance of a decent loss.  As for considering this a diet, I don't look at it like that either.  I never did well with diets and gave up on them after having two kids.  I just was never a huge eater but when this surgery was a choice for me I figured thats what I needed to use cause it was changing my insides.  So we will lose weight even if we sneak a little sugar here and there as we are made up differently now.  Who wants to live a life where you can't enjoy it, including delicious food every now and then.  So bottom line try to enjoy the fact that we can still lose weight and have a treat every now and then....cause if you are like me you can't get in more then a teaspoon anyway.  lol  

As for the vitamins, yes please get them in ya.  I know they don't taste all that great, but I have the Celebrate Mulit ADEK and they are Berry flavored and arent as bad as the other samples they gave us.  They can be tart or sour but the easiest to get down in my opinion.  Altho they don't have any potassium in them and it is frustrating as apparantly my potassium was low last week.  

We will do this!  I think also because we are so heavy to begin with even seeing a 40 or 50 lb loss isn't enough because we still have "rolls".  People say to me they can tell and I can see it in my clothes but I still don't feel much different.  I have my mind set on seeing and feeling a huge difference by Christmas, sure hope I am right.  Text me anytime silly.  I am here for ya.

Donna
merrymorris
on 6/17/12 9:56 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Thanks for the advice, guys. I have been more focused on losing than being healthy. I am going to change that. I've been acting childish and need to start taking responsibility for my actions.

orchidsrus
on 6/21/12 12:43 pm
 It takes time to get it right. I even, at over two years out now, mess up and forget my vitamins (a few here and there) for 1 day here and there. 

Don't judge your weight loss by day... look at the loss over a two to four week period only. You will lose weight but it takes time. I lost 150 pounds over a year a half period but some months I only lost 5 lbs. So, it all averages out though. Don't worry. Just eat whatever you can at this point. You are still new. If you don't get sick off of it, eat it. And try to eat protein mostly right now... tuna - whatever. 

You will eventually be able to eat what you use to it. I eat a lot now. It's great! I have been maintiaining for at least 6 mths. No weight gain after the loss. Good luck! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 677 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views