Hey! anyone remember me?

bigsteve2010
on 7/25/12 2:15 am - Williamsburg, MO
Hey gang...I know before you all get started...its been way too freaking long :P well im sorry but i've been out enjoying my new life and busy discovering what life as a not-so-heavy person is like! But its been a year (and 3 days) since my surgery so I figured id pop in and say HI!

If you were wondering....yes im still alive!

I eat everything on God's green earth!....my current weight is 235 and holding....300lbs+ lost since my highest weight and loving this ride!

To date I have had no complications...I feel great...only a few things give me issues (food wise) but its crap I dont need to be eating anyways...typical stuff like excessive pasta or bread or chips...dont get me wrong i can and do eat that stuff....just not a ton, or my tummy feels icky...Im taking my vites and protein religiously...im gettin about 90-120g of protein a day usually

When I first started this journey I didnt believe you guys on how much better this feels...guess I was wrong...I wouldnt trade this for all the tea in China :P

Simply put...im loving my DS and the life that it has given me...well thats all for now...take care  and God Bless you all     Steve

SW 512/ GW 250/ CW 235/ HW 540
I think Im at goal...well I could go for 225 :P

MajorMom
on 7/25/12 2:24 am - VA
Happy surgiversary, Steve!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

challie
on 7/25/12 2:30 am
300+ lbs lost in a year???  You are amazing!  Now that is success.

Auntie_Annie
on 7/25/12 2:38 am - PA
DS on 08/20/12
Wow, 300 pounds!  That's amazing!  So glad to hear you are doing well.  I love reading stories like yours.  I am less than a month from my DS.  Thank you for posting 
"Switched" 8/20/12
HW: 419
SW: 403
CW: 359
bigsteve2010
on 7/25/12 3:10 am - Williamsburg, MO
I remember being where u are...its both an exciting time and a very scary one...I chickened out the first date I had scheduled...that fear is very real but so is the life you are missing out on...Go for it! you will be amazed! And pick the OH peoples brains...we have all been where you are now, and have walked thru the door you are about to open.... God Bless

ajrober2
on 7/25/12 3:44 am - Houston, TX
DS on 11/01/12
WOW!!!!  That's amazing!  I hope to have success like that.  My surgery date is 8/06/2012.  Seems like the days are going slower and slower.  I can't wait!!!
bigsteve2010
on 7/25/12 4:18 am - Williamsburg, MO
You are right there man...before you know it...it will be the night before and your nerves will be in full flight mode....lol...hang in there im sure you will do great!

zuzupetals2u2
on 7/25/12 5:38 am - Sedona, AZ
 of course we remember you. I just can't believe it's been a year already. WOW I have rarely heard of results quite that dramatic!! You just did the best thing possible for yourself & happiness! Good for you!
halldanelle
on 7/25/12 11:46 am - TX
CONGRATULATIONS! I'm new to this forum ... I am waiting for approval for my surgery to change from lap band to the DS. I actually gained weight with the band - couldn't get food down without something to 'coat' it with....sauces, cheese, etc....also got diagnosed with neuropathy so it has been very challenging to do any excercise without pain popping in. Finally discovered that when the symptoms are the worst, physical activity (washing dishes, mopping floor, etc) was better than sitting/laying down to wait it out. My pcp advised that losing even 30 pounds would help me feel better (neuropathy wise), so I'm very hopeful about getting approved. Just waiting....that's the worst!

bigsteve2010
on 7/25/12 9:58 pm - Williamsburg, MO
Wow that stinks...Sometimes you have to fight the insurance company, but if you dont back down they will approve it....or so im told...just dont take no for an answer...thru all this I have found my worst enemy is carbs...even before the DS i was a carb ***** and 2 weeks before I had my first surgery I actually lost 30 lbs just by keeping carbs to a bare minimum (like 20 per day) and walking a little....like you I had physical problems that kept me from doing much of anything...hang in there you will get there ;)

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 862 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1110 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 371 views