Need advice, traveling to wedding 6 weeks post op good idea?

Auntie_Annie
on 7/30/12 7:00 am - PA
DS on 08/20/12
Today I received an invitation to my cousin's wedding on October 6. I will be about 6 weeks post op (surgery date August 20).  The wedding is about 3 hours away in central PA.  Will I be ok to travel by car such a distance (as a passenger) and is it smart to go to an event so soon after surgery?  I would love to see my family, but I want to make sure I'm not going to be putting myself in harms way.
"Switched" 8/20/12
HW: 419
SW: 403
CW: 359
MajorMom
on 7/30/12 8:02 am - VA
It will probably tire you out some but you should be fine if everything the previous few weeks is going well. Enjoy!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Valerie G.
on 7/31/12 12:05 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 You may tire easily, but be close to feeling more like yourself if your recovery is good.  My recommendation is to get a hotel room with your own bathroom to use in the morning, for the morning poo is the worst.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Auntie_Annie
on 7/31/12 11:02 am - PA
DS on 08/20/12
Thanks ladies!
"Switched" 8/20/12
merrymorris
on 8/1/12 1:42 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
I was totally fine by 6 weeks out. Like they said, it might tire you out but we went from Philly to cincinatti (9 hours) at about 6 weeks. I was fine. Just move your legs a lot and and walk around when you can. Keep drinking your fluids and eat protein at regular intervals. I'm sure you will do well.
dtabor5
on 8/1/12 12:54 pm
It will do you good to get away at that point. and they are right you will more than likely tire easily, but just make sure you get naps when you can and need to and make sure you are sipping as much as possible and oh By the way, enjoy yourself! an October wedding will be great have a great time

Denise

Denise T.
My Angel is MAJORMOM!!!

MY DS!!!!
I see stupid people everywhere!!!

Huneypie
on 8/1/12 8:35 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
DH drove me 6 hours from Belgium to London when I was 5 days out from surgery (OK ~1.5 hours in the middle was on a ferry).

Admittedly I only had part 2 of the DS done and it was lap.

Jus****ch your diet around the trip and take food with you as you don't want to expirement with new stuff when you have a 3 hour drive (you don't want any accidents if you KWIM).

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Auntie_Annie
on 8/2/12 1:56 am - PA
DS on 08/20/12
The problem is I wouldn't be staying overnight, we would be driving home that night because I have no one to take care of my dog and he doesn't do well in a kennel.  I'm more leaning towards not going for that reason 
"Switched" 8/20/12
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 983 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1170 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 446 views