Weight Gain!!!!! Grrrr!!!!!

bobby s
on 8/3/12 7:09 am - Central, FL
I have managed to put back on 30 pounds since having my DS 8 years ago. Has anyone else had a regain issue? Please tell me that I'm not alone here

Herman
on 8/3/12 9:14 am
 I'm sure you're not alone. But for yourself you may want to get back to eating the right way and the extra weight should come off. Stick with low carb and high protein.
Also don't forget to take all the vites you need. You need to be healthy in order to lose the weight and keep it off. 
 Lap-band 2007
 DS 2009
PattyL
on 8/3/12 3:30 pm
 HI!  Haven't seen you in forever!  It happens to lots of us.  Just make yourself aware of what you are eating again and say no to carbs.
determineddanni
on 8/4/12 3:19 am
I could see after so many years that falling away from our 'diet' is pretty easy to do. I have total faith in the DS and if you just get back the basics I am sure the DS will do what its best at and help you lose that weight. Good luck!

HW 259          SW 256          CW 141       GW 150

Valerie G.
on 8/5/12 3:17 am, edited 8/5/12 3:19 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
7 yrs out. Rejoined the corporate world this year from running a restaurant and gained some weight. I don't do scales, so I couldn't tell you how much, just know that some of the pants I bought in March don't fit as well anymore, and I bought a couple of larger sizes than I've bought in a few years.

I guess not running my ass off all day is making a difference...that and I now eat on a more normal schedule instead of a bite here and there. If I could afford medical and dental coverage on the restaurants finances, I almost wish I was back working with my hubby.

I just need to make some adjustments to my new environment, I think.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

SometimesBlonde
on 8/5/12 9:10 am - NE
That's about what I gained back at 2 1/2 years out. Three months ago I decided to go back to high protein/low carb and give up the "I can eat anything" attitude, and I'm down 36 lbs. The DS works if we follow the rules.
 HW 290 / SW 275 / CW 143 / GW 160
SharonG
on 8/6/12 11:13 am - Arlington, VA
Hi Bobby,
You are not alone.  I am 9 1/2 years post op and it takes mindful eating to not gain weight.  I stay around 10-12 lbs up from my lowest weight, but have bounced as high as 20 lbs above my lowest before and it was not pleasant. This year has been particularly tough because I have traveled on my job a lot. I really would like to get back to a lower weight. 

What helps me is to go back to basics - high protein (100-120 grams), 8-10 glasses of water, make sure I get all my vitamins in, exercise and get plenty of sleep.  I seem to do better when I focus on what I SHOULD be doing and not on what I should NOT be doing.  JMHO.

You are doing the right thing by reaching out for support.

Best wishes,
Sharon G.
Jolly Rancher
on 8/6/12 11:46 am

Welcome to the dark side, we have cookies doesn't seem to work for ANYONE long term if they want to maintain their low weight.

I will say at 8 years, if you've only put on 30 pounds, you are doing great. I'm like the rest. If you want to lose it, you have to go to the Atkins style of eating..........which is, yes, a diet!

Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
JazzyOne9254
on 8/6/12 2:00 pm
I got "scared" at 167..just 7 pounds from my doctor- imposed maximum loss down to 160 pre-plastics. So, I started carving it up, and got up to 188. I was 180 at my hemo visit today. I'm fighting PCM and a few vite deficiencies, and low calcium.

Back to basics,and the lab results the hemo had done are improved, but not optimal. I aim for midrange in everything.
bobby s
on 8/6/12 11:37 pm - Central, FL
Thank you, everyone, for the words of support. It is all stuff I know....I just need to implement. But those cookies are so darn good Maybe I should start making Meat Cookies!!! Ummm....nevermind :/

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 641 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 989 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 337 views