FYI: Posting your food on line - http://www.sparkpeople.com/

route66hello
on 8/14/12 6:02 am - Half Moon Bay, CA
DS on 03/15/12

I know there are lots of different sites. I have been using http://www.sparkpeople.com/ to track my food intake daily. Another friend uses fitnesspal. A lot of foods are pre-loaded which is nice.

Hope this helps someone! Terri 

larra
on 8/14/12 8:14 pm - bay area, CA
Terri, how are you doing? Are the psot-op problems resolving? I hope you are well.

Larra
route66hello
on 8/14/12 8:33 pm - Half Moon Bay, CA
DS on 03/15/12
Hi,

Thanks for asking.... Things are ok. I am finally tubeless. The feeding tube was removed last Saturday and that was the last one. I still have wounds so I need a caregiver every day with help with bathing and dressing changes. I was essentially in bed since March so I have just become so weak. I am starting PT and hoping to find a trainer to come to the house. I have a wheelchair and a walker.... honestly my husband hates the wheelchair so that is a problem. I think he would like to push me in front of car ;-) .... so that is more incentive to get my strength back.

The DS part is ok except for very loose bowels and so much so that there are accidents. I am not very comfortable not being in the house. I keep changing what I am eating in the hopes of helping with this.

I wish you well on your journey :-) Thanks and much appreciated. Terri
route66hello
on 8/14/12 8:45 pm - Half Moon Bay, CA
DS on 03/15/12
test

larra
on 8/14/12 8:46 pm - bay area, CA
Well, it sounds like you are at least going in the right direction, though you aren't there yet.

I think working with a trainer is a great idea. You have probably lost muscle mass, and a gradual increase in exercise will help. It may take awhile, so don't get discouraged, and reassure your husband that the wheelchair won't be forever. I bet if HE were ill and needed help, you would come through for him. Right now, he needs to muster all his patience and hang in there with you.
     I suspect your intestines are still adjusting after being on tube feedings for months and months. Those can cause diarrhea for sure. I'm hopeful that things will normalize now that you can eat real food. Try adding a probiotic, like Primal Defense Ultra. A fiber product might also be helpful. We think of them for constipation, but they help with diarrhea as well. You could also contact Dr. Rabkin's office for more suggestions.

It must be a great relief to be tubeless, and soon the wounds will also be a thing of the past. Hang in there. Revisions suck, but you ARE improving.

Larra
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 784 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1066 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 352 views