Looking for Lactose-free protein supplement and preferably flavorless?

seananc
on 8/30/12 6:01 am - Fernandina Beach, FL
DS on 07/23/12
I need a protein supplement that I can tolerate.  Please help!
SA
MajorMom
on 8/30/12 6:17 am - VA
You might try Syntrax Medical (see www.vitalady.com). It's supposed to be pretty much flavorless and a quality whey protein isolate, the process to produce it takes all but a small percentage of the lactose out. Another option might be JayRobb egg white based protein shakes. I've haven't used them but other folks seem to like them.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

southernlady5464
on 8/30/12 6:26 am
Jay Robb's Egg White Protein is lactose free.

You can also add lactaid pills to your daily regimen...I added them for over a year since I can't do either egg or soy based proteins (they can contain those but not be primarily made of those)...mine have to be whey based. But if you stick to whey based, make sure it's whey protein isolate as the first ingredient and NOT a blend!

You have to read labels carefully. Best thing to do is visit a Vitamin Shoppe or GNC and ask for the ones with whey protein isolate. The one I use is Whey Tech Pro 24 in vanilla...I add it to my cooking as well.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

JazzyOne9254
on 8/30/12 11:19 am
 You can get a 10# bag of unflavored whey protein *isolate*, which is the same thing as Syntrax Medical, at www.luckyvitamin.com, for a little over $100.00
You can use your own extracts, sf syrups and fruits to flavor it.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Jaiart
on 8/30/12 1:04 pm - MI
 I've heard that isopure makes that
michellemj
on 8/30/12 3:17 pm
I found this company and they make a ton of different protein supplements, and will even do custom ones. All of their proteins are flavorless and you add flavor/sweetener based on preference. The nice thing about them is that you can order small amounts (1lb) for not much money so if it is horrid, you haven't spent a fortune.

Here's a link to their lactose-free ones: Protein Factory, lactose-free

My first order from them should arrive any day, but they've been a dream to work with (I wanted a custom 3 flavor one). I have high hopes!

HW: 280; SW: 255; GW1: 150; CW: 155.

Jaiart
on 9/1/12 12:54 am - MI
 Great., ythanks 
AdeanaMarie
on 8/31/12 11:04 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
PlantFusion is gluten free, lactose free, soy free and non GMO You can get it at health food stores or on-line at Amazon. I love it, at least the chocolate flavor. I bought the unflavored and texture is okay, but it had somewhat of a protein taste. It is also made with stevia as a sweetener, though perhaps the unflavored does not have sweetener. Not sure.

1 serving: 120 calories and 21 grams of protein when mixed with water.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 422 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 867 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 278 views