what is back to basics?

venusdoll
on 9/8/12 9:36 am - massena, NY
hi i had the ds almost 2 years ago i lost too much weight went down to 94 ibs. im 5ft 2  drs told me to eat often and anything including carbs and sugar could never tolerate protien shakes. now 6 m0nthes later ive gain too much weight and have strecthed my stomach i can eat a half a sub bun and all with no problem and be hungrey again in an hour. im now at 132 ibs with most of weight gain in my stomach area i look 7 months pregnant im addicted to carbs  even thogh i know they;re not good for me.  now my question is exactly what is back to basics ?  what foods do you eat ? i need to lose 20 lbs before its too late. i am working out. i still cant stomach protein shakes coffee etc . thanks annette
MajorMom
on 9/8/12 9:42 am - VA
I guess it would be high protein, protein first and low carbs. Carbs around or under 50 grams a day. If bread is a problem there is a low carb bread made by Julian Bakery (online). They ship and a few stores carry their products. Start journaling your daily intake and you can post on Bites & Vites for accountability. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

venusdoll
on 9/8/12 10:20 am - massena, NY
thanks gina  im trying to go low carb  i have been writing down everything i eat  i seem to be hungrey all the time   is there anythin we can take to help curb our appiette?  like a supplement ? annette
MajorMom
on 9/8/12 10:36 am - VA
No supplement I know. I guess dry protein like chicken would help make you feel full.

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Valerie G.
on 9/8/12 2:25 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Carb-****ting is a horrible cycle.  You want them, you eat them, you want some more.  I get in and out of the carb ****ting cycle.  When I sense that things are getting out of control, I reel myself in by indulging in more protein.  My trick is making everything easily accessible, so I can grab and go.  I make my favorite high protein sweets like sf custard, ricotta fluff and flourless peanut butter cookies to get me through the cravings.  It takes a few days, but I do eventually get it back under control.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

jennyrenny
on 9/8/12 7:04 pm - Canada
DS on 08/11/12
 Carb ****ting...I love it. I'm definitely a carb ho.

HW: 365, SW (August 11, 2012): 351

venusdoll
on 9/9/12 8:18 am - massena, NY
thanks everyone  is it just meat or can we have low carb pasta veggies etc when doing back to basics?  i know ive stecthed my stomach because i can eat just as much as before surgrey at a meal and thats alot. what about a glass of wine with dinner is that bad?  thanks again annette
PattyL
on 9/9/12 7:29 pm
 Read about Atkins Induction and do it.  It's easy.  Meat, cheese, and eggs.  That's about it.

Pasta and veggies?  No.  Bread?  No.  Maybe a couple green beans or some other low carb veggie but that's about it.  You can still go to Subway.  Just order it as a salad instead of a sandwich.  Eat all the meat and cheese and a couple bites of the lettuce.

If you are hungry, eat meat or eggs.  Make up containers of egg or tuna salad and keep them in the fridge.  Keep cut up chunks of cheese available too.

Atlins induction will probably take the 20lbs off you in 4 to 6 weeks.  Then start adding in a few healthy carbs(veggies) and see what you can tolerate without gaining.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1023 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1190 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 482 views