New Issues for me

KarenRW
on 9/19/12 5:32 pm - Stockton, CA

It's been awhile since I have come here, mainly because it said I was not a member and my info was wrong. Ok, whatever. I had to resign up with a different email addy.

Some of you may remember me? So things have been going on with me. I found out three months ago I have fibromyalgia. How did this happen?. Someone can  get this from an awful lot of stress in your life and life changing predicaments. We had a fire in our house in '94, had a herniated disc in '95, also had a severe viral infection in which they did not think I was going to live, also in '95.

Fibromyalgia does so much to one person. It involves the nerves, muscles, tendons, and the pain can be excruciating. There is also cognitive function problems called fibro fog like not remembering what you did two minutes previously. One can have imbalance problems and dropping things a lot, which I have had for years and just accepted it as part of my aging (I am now 61). I find it awfully hard to remember the right words to say a lot of the time and say the wrong things or mix up my thoughts. Severe headache pain and eye pain a lot. I think the extreme fatigue is the worst and it is called CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome). I had wondered why I had been so tired for years and just assumed it was the sleep apnea I had. A lot of other issues too.

One thing, though, is that one with fibro as we call it,  should consume vitamin D and magnesium, two good supplements, which I have been taking since my DS in 05/09. I also consume coconut oil, which I posted above on someone's post, a good nutrient for the body, the skin, the hair (my favorite conditioner), and for Alzheimer's disease (less chance of getting it). I am just suggesting if you are interested to Google coconut oil and see what remarkable things it can do. No I do not have stock in it, just want to share a new find or maybe you all know about it.

I am going to read some more and see how everyone is doing. Good luck for the newbies. Oh, I am just starting to consider plastic surgery if I can get my insurance to cover most of it.

Karen

MsBatt
on 9/19/12 7:06 pm
Hi, Karen. I remember you.
KarenRW
on 9/21/12 10:44 am - Stockton, CA
 Hi, remember you too. Hope things going well for you.
 All the best to all of you.

Karen     

MajorMom
on 9/20/12 2:45 am - VA
Welcome back, Karen.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

KarenRW
on 9/21/12 10:45 am - Stockton, CA
 Hi Gina, I see you are still doing Bites and Vites. Hope all else is well.

Karen     

buffalobillsfan
on 9/20/12 6:56 am - CA
Hi Karen,
I remember you, too.  I have CFS so I can completely relate to your fatigue and brain fog.  I am lucky not to have other symptoms and that it hasn't gone to Fibro.  One of the harder things about having Fibro or CFS is the lack of good doctors.  I have been seen at Stanford by a doctor who specializes in CFS but it can take a year and a half to see him.  I have researched for years and I suspect your severe viral infection is the root cause.  I had severe mononucleosis and strep throat when I was 6.  I have never known a normal life since although the stress of being a teenager kicked it into high gear around 16.  Fatigue is debilitating and no one really gets how that feels.  Many people don't even believe CFS or Fibro is real.  They will also say the most annoying thing "Oh honey, I'm always tired, too!". 
There is a great website and book by Jacob Teitelbaum.  www.endfatigue.com and From Fatigued to Fantastic.  I hope that helps.  Take care and take it easy.

Cathy

KarenRW
on 9/21/12 10:56 am - Stockton, CA
 Hi Cathy, I remember you well myself. I forgot to say this in my post that I found out several of "us" who have had weight loss surgery of any type have fibro or its related symptoms. I know what you mean about people saying "yes I have that too" like the fatigue or the memory issues. The fatigue I have had for years and used to take Vivarin to stay awake. I went off of them just before my initial GB surgery in '05, but still always so tired. I remember asking my pulmonologist why am I so tired if my sleep apnea is so much better (I do have it a *****e had no answer for me. I have had issues with imbalance for many years too and just chalked it up to me just being clumsy. And in the last few years have had the "dropsies" where things fall out of my hands so readily and often or I put something on the counter and it falls; I think I miss my mark where to put it? Since the very ened of last year the fatigue has gotten so much worse that I was taking 4 or 5 naps a day. Thank goodness my work at home job allowed me to lay down and nap if I felt I needed it. The headaches and eyeball pain started beginning of this year. Had another illness that started New Years Day and lasted for a month. First thought it was a flu illness and then my PCP said I had bronchitis, not near as bad as the one in '95. 

Karen     

wings
on 9/20/12 7:27 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Hi Karen
I remember you also, and that was me you posted to about coconut Oil.  I already use coconut oil to fry with and I love it.  Coconut oil is very good for you. 

I live on Fort Myers beach, San Carlos island and we collect coconuts every year and put them in the frig.  I drill a hole in them and suck the coconu****er out with a straw.  Coconu****er was the first ever IV fluids..  These IV fluids were used to build blood volume and for hydration in our civil war solders. 

Sorry about your fibromyalgia, I understand pain well, I have back issues. 

Carla
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6HR7lf/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6HR7lf/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
Huneypie
on 9/20/12 9:16 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Hi Karen, sorry to hear about your problems - I'm sending you some positive vibes for serious improvement in your condition. I'll bear the good powers of coconut oil in mind when I need more oil.

I think getting plenty of sleep can help prevent illness sometimes (not so much help to you now, I know), but when I was a teen I was on the go all the time working and exercising at the cost of sleep. I used to get flu every single year without fail, regular colds, plus I was way more prone to cold sores - I haven't had one in more than 15 years, knock on wood and I don't often get colds (and they tend not to last if I do get them).

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

GastricGirl09
on 9/20/12 12:59 pm
 I know what you are going through. I was told I have Fibro at the age of 13. I am now 28 and it seems to get worse each year. The pain and the swelling are what really hit me the most. 

I pray that your fibro gets better each and every day.

~Heidi~
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1049 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1206 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 501 views