I am doing fine, but......

Valerie G.
on 11/3/12 10:12 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Don't be surprised if this continues for several months.  I can say at least 6 in my own experience.  It was saddening that I was mourning what food used to taste like.  Just know that it's perfectly normal.  Ability to eat more definitely changes over time, too.  I can eat a good 5 oz of protein now.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

csky20
on 11/4/12 11:28 pm - Bedford, TX

im experienceing that now! i had my my surgery 10/25/2012 and i get disgusted with the food that i use to love.  my mom was eating a meal from popeyes chicken and it didnt even bother me...the smell of it disgusted me...i have been drinking water, and i have cheated a little on this diet after my surgery, but just 2 bites of something makes me full, and disgusted with other food i see or smell around me.

csky20
on 11/4/12 11:30 pm - Bedford, TX

i am actually at the purred stage of my diet, and get full off pureed food as well.

MissNai
on 11/14/12 12:09 am

Yes you will. I had surgery 2/13/2011. My tastebuds did a major nosedive post op. For a very long time eating became a chore. I am just getting back to enjoying food. Things that I liked or disliked changed from day to day. Remember, for a long time the enjoyment of food was your main focus - now you have to shift your thinking to using it as fuel for your body. But don't lose heart it gets better and as I firmly believe ..."Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels!"

Crazeru
on 11/14/12 4:33 am

Wow!  What a transformation!

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 731 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1031 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 345 views