I am doing fine, but......

seananc
on 11/2/12 2:44 am - Fernandina Beach, FL
DS on 07/23/12

I am down 80lbs since surgery (7/23/12). I just want to know, will i be able to eat more than two bites of protein and not be disgusted with food completely.  Do not get me wrong. i am so grateful to be in this place that i am in, but i will eat something on one day and can stand to look at it the next day???  Please advise!

SA
PattyL
on 11/2/12 3:08 am

You're pretty normal.  And yes, it will change.  One day, about 7 months out, I could suddenly eat a meal.  All I can say is use this time to lose as much as possible.

puppysweets1
on 11/2/12 3:13 am - CA

Had the same experience as you.  Gradually this will change and you will be able to look at food and enjoy it again.  For now, go with the flow and enjoy losing as much weight as you can. 80lbs in 3 months is fantastic!

Jaiart
on 11/2/12 3:27 am - MI
See, I thought it was just me. I get nauseous thinking or hearing about food sometimes. Surgery 8/28/12 down 40 lbs at last weigh in. Keep up the progress And progress updates
route66hello
on 11/2/12 4:44 am - Half Moon Bay, CA
DS on 03/15/12

My surgery was in March 2012 but did not actually start eating food until August due to needing a feeding tube. I am in that place right now where most food just does not look good to me. Or I will want something and it does not taste right. I try to just remember to drink the protein shakes to keep the protein up... people say this is a phase and it will pass. Lets hope so!

Best of luck and 80 in 3 months is fantastic. Much better than me :-)

AmyLizTN
on 11/2/12 8:02 am - Bolivar, TN

I just had my DS 10-8-12 and when first out on the pureed diet and even as I started soft foods the food still tasted right.  Just this last Monday things switch.  Most food will look good and smell good but 1-2 bits is all I can stand.  Or we will have leftovers of something I enjoyed the day before and just the thought of it makes me a little sick to my stomach.  Also the protein drinks are really bad.  The muscle milk seems way to sweet and I bought a case of isopure which has 40g of protein but taste like feet!  Any suggestions on ways to get protein in that taste better?  So I'm right with ya girl. Congrats on being down 80lbs.

Dave

DaveWade
on 11/2/12 8:11 am - TN

Sorry for confusion I was signed in under my wife's account.

Dave

NoreenRT
on 11/2/12 11:36 pm - Warner Robins, GA

yup, that sounds about right on target.  i used to watch the food network channel and think "what the heck is wrong with me?"  the food didn't look appetizing and i was never hungry.  this too shall pass. think it was about 3 months for me twen i realized the smell of  cooking hubby's dinner made me hungry.

at 3 years out there's even some days i don't like food.  never in a million years did i think that would happen to me. now i listen to my body.  if i don't like food, i make sure i drink my protein instead.

if my body is feeling squeamish about a certain protein food, i stay away from it.  this surgery continues to amaze me. 

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

A. C
on 11/3/12 1:27 am, edited 11/3/12 1:27 am

I had my surgery on August 1, 2012.  You are right on!  There are days when I still can't stand food and have to force the protein shakes down.  Then I still don't like left overs.  I waste a lot of food right now.  Then there are days when I am a bottomless pit (or at least it seems that way).  Then there are days when I eat 1 bite and pu**** a way.  The one thing I do is get my protein shakes in....No matter what I get 3-4 down a day at least!  Since I switched to Unjury, I will say that my food tolerance is better.  I have no clue if it means anything or not, just an observation I've had.  I do take Nexium.  I was taking it at night before I went to bed.  The new GI Dr (who knows this surgery), had me switch to take it as soon as I wake up.  To make sure that I have something in my tummy 30 minutes later - hence me having yogurt every morning.  I have different flavors so it is the only thing that I do do on a daily basis.

I wake up knowing each day is a new day!  I never know what I will be in the mood to eat.  LOL!  Always remember, protein first!

Congrats on the weight loss!  I am at 76lbs.  Tomorrow is my weigh day so we shall see.

TaliTali
on 11/3/12 3:30 am - Sammamish, WA

Considering that for most of us "love for food" got us to this place, take it as a blessing that things have truly changed and that you are moving in the right direction.

The truly wonderful thing about surgery for me is that food no longer has a hold on me. I like food and I eat food but I am not consumed by food.

HW ~ SW ~ CW
310 - 291 - 150

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 421 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 865 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 277 views