Proteins

Sumundo311
on 11/26/12 10:17 pm - Saskatoon, Canada

I have just started in the last week to change my eating. I should not have strayed so far off after surgery, but I did. So I have decided to see what would happen if I were to eat the way I am suppose to. I had surgery years ago and this year I gained a little so I found this site and have been following some of the guidelines (or healthy ideas) about what we should eat like after surgery. Anyway I have been having protein shakes with yogurt for breakfast and meat meals lunch and supper with a little veggie and carbs. Can I get some meal ideas from you, I don't think breaded is allowed is it? And what is protein coffee? I need meal help, thanks

Sumundo

Valerie G.
on 11/26/12 10:31 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm glad that you found us.  With DS living, there is nothing that is "not allowed".  Maintenance is something that is very individual, finding what works and what doesn't.  It's the simple carbs that tend to get us into trouble, but in moderation, they're perfectly fine.  By lowering those simple carbs, you should see some weight drop off.  Eating very high protein helps to ease the cravings.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Herman
on 11/27/12 3:54 am

If you don''t want to use "breading' you can still bread meat with Parmesan cheese, or almond meal/flour. Almost all cheeses can make a crunchy crust on food, just don't use high heat when frying.

Protein coffee would be a protein shake made with either cold or warm/hot coffee. Use the protein powder, cream/soymilk/coconut milk, flavoring like caramel, vanilla, chocolate or whatever sounds good and then add the coffee. If iced mix with cold coffee and ice, or make with slightly hot coffee.

I use my crockpot a lot for cooking, great for chicken, roasts of all kind. Just about any meat you like.

Google Low carb cooking and you should find lots and lots of recipes.

Lap-band 2007
 DS 2009
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1054 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1217 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 506 views