Coming back for support...after nearly 7 years and plastics...

Rochella B.
on 2/7/13 3:17 am - Lees Summit, MO
Well, it happened to me...the dreaded slow regain of some weight. Ugh. I got lazy about my habits, and now 20 pounds have crept back onto this body! I'm terrified because I've already had plastics and don't want to completely ruin all of my (and my surgeons') hard work!

I will be 7 years out as of May 31. My highest weight was 328 and after plastics I saw 159 for a few days. LOL That was in 2010. Now, I saw 180 on the scale the other day and about had a coronary. I wanted to get down to 150, and now I see it's going to take some VERY hard work and some support!

I joined a weight-loss challenge at work the other day. It has a great incentive -- a $250 Visa gift card to the biggest loser! I'm nervous about the weigh-in and I just hope I can try to wean myself off the carbs again. I've been so very careless and have gotten re-addicted to the carbs, big time!

I eat WAY too much, I know...but once a food addict...ya. I know I drink plenty everyday, and I eat A LOT of protein -- always more than 100 grams. Ribeye steak is my favorite thing in the world!

I have another confession while I'm spilling my carb-bloated guts -- since I've lost the weight I've acquired a new habit --drinking red wine...I have a feeling the sugars in the wine aren't helping my weight issue. Are there any other wine drinkers out there? Advice? Other than to stop altogether. I know a glass or two a day isn't bad for regular people, but I'm not sure about me as a DSer.

Anyway, even though I've lurked some here and there over the past few years, it looks like I'll be back for now, looking for a few good friends to hold my hand while I try to work my DS and have it help me lose these last 20-30 pounds!

Thanks for reading my rant!

-- Dawn

Duodenal Switch 5/31/2006 Dr. Marchesini, Curitiba, Brazil

Highest/Starting weight: 328. Lowest weight: 159 Current weight: 167. I'm coming back down!

Plastic Surgery 5/31/2010 Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico: LBL/BL/BA/Inner Thigh Lift, Arm Lift

determineddanni
on 2/7/13 4:12 am

Welcome back! That dang old carb monster :( It literally is so damn sneaky! Didn't even realize it was digging its claws into you until 20 lbs later. Glad your back, I have total faith that DS will not let you down if you use it right :)

HW 259          SW 256          CW 141       GW 150

Huneypie
on 2/7/13 4:21 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Hi Dawn, you've done great and I'm sure you can beat those 20lbs!!  Try posting on MajorMom's bites and vites daily thread and see if that helps! ;)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Karamay
on 2/7/13 4:36 am - NJ
DS on 12/18/12

I know this is going to sound awful....but as a newbie, it is somewhat encouraging that even after 7 years post-op and going 'carb-crazy' that you have only gained back 20 lbs.  It is just nice to know that the 'dreaded regain' for a DSer is minimal and that 20 lbs is alot easier to take control of than a 100 + pound monster.  Good luck to you & wishes for a speedy weight loss!!

DS (Lap) on 12/18/12 w/ Dr. Onopchenko, HW- 242, SW- 231, GW- 130  Height - 5'3"

Rochella B.
on 2/8/13 6:44 am - Lees Summit, MO
Thank you! It *is* encouraging to think about how "little," in perspective, I have regained. The DS has really been a life-saver for me. Truly. I know I will *never* be 328 again, no matter what. I love my new boobs and tummy too much! LOL

Highest/Starting weight: 328. Lowest weight: 159 Current weight: 167. I'm coming back down!

Plastic Surgery 5/31/2010 Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico: LBL/BL/BA/Inner Thigh Lift, Arm Lift

MajorMom
on 2/7/13 6:41 am - VA

Welcome back!  We can do this...I'm over 5 years out and don't like having the carb monster trailing me so closely either.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Rochella B.
on 2/8/13 6:42 am - Lees Summit, MO
It *is* hard, isn't it? You get to thinking you can eat "normal" again and before you know it...weight has crept on and everyone else has crept away from you due to gas/bowel issues. LOL

beemerbeeper
on 2/7/13 6:49 am - AL

I had a nasty regain due to eating carbs like crazy.  I don't know exactly how much it was but I bet it was close to 20 lbs.  Before Thanksgiving I had to go buy jeans in a larger size because I couldn't get in my largest pair of jeans.

So on Thanksgiving I made the decision to loose that weight.  I was really motivated and I have done great.  I bet I have lost at least 20 lbs and now I can wear all my small jeans.  Woot!

You can do it too.  Eat lots and lots of protein and forget the carbs.  Carbs are the devil.

~Becky

Rochella B.
on 2/8/13 6:38 am - Lees Summit, MO
Thank you for the encouragement! It's good to know our tool works so well!

NewLife2013
on 2/7/13 11:31 am

Off topic...I'm curious why you went to Mexico for plastics?

HW 360 * SW 318 * CW 275 * GW 145 * Surgery 12/27/12 - On the way to the new me!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 758 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1050 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 349 views