Jessyw here

Jessyw
on 1/3/13 9:24 am - polarbears&igloos, AK
Hello everyone!

Jessy here. It has honestly been a very long time since I have logged into this site. It is so different now!

Anyways, I am Jessica for those of you who do not know me.

I am 20 years old and had my DS two months after my 17th birthday on July 7th, 2009 with Dr. Marchesini in Brazil. I have maintained a weight loss of 285 pounds over the last 3 years.

I went from 535 pounds down to 218 pound with a regain of water weight from a condition called lymphedema in my legs and also all the extra skin I still have.

Starting in the beginning of 2012 after losing 310 pounds I was able to get out on my own at the 19, get my own place, get a job in the local hospital (my goal is to be doctor) not only did I get a job I was working as a intern with another company that helps youth get employed so I was working 4 jobs around the hospital as different departments interns every day of the week, and I was able to graduate high school winning scholarships to college thanks to my story and journey through weight loss surgery.

I currently just finished with my first semester of college doing 4 classes full time while working full time and taking the public buses all of which I would have NEVER been able to do before surgery and never in my life thought would be possible!

I have also met an amazing guy and we have been together going on two years now, live together in our own place and are starting a really nice life with each other.

After losing my weight and realizing that I could actually begin to live I knew I needed to finish school and living with my mother made that very near to impossible, it was a very hostile environment with her. So at 19 I went to live in a homeless shelter and began to stay with anyone that would let me. After a couple months of being homeless I was able to afford my own place, my boyfriend moved in, I got my own car and just went from there.

After that I was able to land my job and life has been amazing ever since.

I currently have taken root in a job with the STD/HIV prevention program at my local native medical center and have been doing great, getting training and going to school.

I have this low carb lifestyle embedded in my mind, I am not sure if that is due to me being so young when I had surgery but I know that plays a part. Plus this surgery saved my life.

But at times it can get tricky, sugar is everywhere.

I currently am healthy, I am happy but I am dealing with lymphedema which is pooling of water in my legs and abdomen due to a problem with my lymph nodes. There is no cure, only a compression treatment which requires me to wrap my legs in layers of compression garments to keep the water from pooling in my body. This has been a daily struggle for me. For about a year after surgery it did not effect me but sadly this will be with me forever.

Overall I am independent, happy, healthy, and in absolute love with my DS. Best choice I have ever made in my life.

If you know someone around my age or younger considering getting the DS and you would like them to talk to me please send them my way. It is a very life changing procedure and I will keep it real with them. I know how important facts about and knowledge of the DS are!

Thank you for reading.

-Jessy

Hello, my name is Jessica  I'm 20 and I got my DS!! check out my page. 

I love my DS!!!!   sw(535)/cw(220)/goal (?)
  Wanna learn about the DS? Come to the DS forum or check out these websites:
                  http://www.dsfacts.com/ OR http://www.duodenalswitch.com/
on 1/3/13 10:14 am
You are such a sweetheart . Thanks for posting and good luck on all your endeavours

VSG TO DS REVISION 

PattyL
on 1/3/13 10:21 am

It's always good to hear from you!  I'm glad you are doing well and having a good life!  Take care!

smileyjamie72
on 1/3/13 10:38 am - Palmer, AK

Hey there fellow Alaskan!!!  We need to get together again, now that the holidays are done with!!!!

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

JazzyOne9254
on 1/3/13 1:42 pm

You are beautiful and amazing!  I am so proud of you!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

MajorMom
on 1/3/13 6:38 pm - VA

((((Jess))))  You are one awesome young lady.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

MrsLiLWashu
on 1/3/13 9:32 pm
VSG on 03/12/13
Thank you so very much for sharing your story...all I can say is that you are Amazing! I wish I'd had that kind of spirit at 17... I know you have an amazing future ahead of you, and you are looking Fantastic!
Valerie G.
on 1/3/13 9:50 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I was just recently wondering about you, Jessy.

You've been through quite a bit since you were a regular out here and WOW - you're accomplishing so much!  I'm so proud of you, kiddo.  Keep pushing through the obstacles life throws at you and claim the success due to you, my dear!

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

determineddanni
on 1/3/13 10:38 pm

Hey Jessy! It really has been a long time since you have posted :) I am glad to see things are going great for you, your a strong person for going through everything at such a young age. Stay in touch  and good luck on becoming a doctor. I was also inspired to back to school and be an RN :) DS ROCKS! 

HW 259          SW 256          CW 141       GW 150

3horse
on 1/3/13 10:59 pm
Wow, what an admirable girl you are. You are years ahead of where I was at your age. Be very proud of yourself. You will be an asset to the medical world!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 627 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 985 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 335 views